Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Painted the Factory Rims, Should the Center Caps Match

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any ways my roommate painted his Factory Rims on his 06 CTD. They turned out better than i thought. He used Hammer Coat. Another friend painted his Hummer Rims with it three months ago and has not had it chip yet. So its holding up pretty good.

He is on the fence right now about the center caps. He did not paint them but he is thinking about it. If i can figure out this poll thing I will post the poll. But dont count on it.

So what do yall think,
1: No center Cap
2: Chrome Center Cap
3: Black Center Cap

The only run that he got, not bad though

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Man those look awesome!!! Maybe paint the center caps as well. Did he sandblast the wheels first???

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man those look awesome!!! Maybe paint the center caps as well. Did he sandblast the wheels first???
Sand Paper and about five hours of sanding Equals one sore :butt: white boy in the morning. He was hurting the next day

·
Registered
91 Posts
He should paint the center cap but leave the Ram logo chrome. that would look good.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not quite four cans worth. i think he had about half of the forth can left. He did paint the back side of the rim also. It was also done in a garage at night with 1000watts beaming on him. doors closed and he probably got a little high. killed a few brain cells but nothing a good cold beer cant fix.

·
Registered
470 Posts
don't use the center caps, but paint the centers black then use chrome lug nuts.:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Not quite four cans worth. i think he had about half of the forth can left. He did paint the back side of the rim also. It was also done in a garage at night with 1000watts beaming on him. doors closed and he probably got a little high. killed a few brain cells but nothing a good cold beer cant fix.
:lol3: Nice!! Thanks for the info dude. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
this is just a thought and I am weird about styling like this, but what about painting the center caps White to match the rest of the truck, cause I dont see much chrome on the rest of the truck and only chrome center caps would out of place to me. thats my thought.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks great, does that truck have a leveling kit?

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
those rims look freakin awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
get em powder coated they would last forever :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Almost looks like modern day police cars with the black rims and chrome center cap. Very Nice!!!

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
don't use the center caps, but paint the centers black then use chrome lug nuts.:thumbsup
:agree2: That would look awesome!

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's just an idea, but what about painting the Ram logo in the center black and leaving the rest of the cover chromed? Kinda like black/chrome/black, if that makes any sense.

Thomas S.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts