Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had some brake work done over spring break and while the wheels were off of my truck i decided to take them home and paint them. i am very happy with how they have turned out. I washed them pretty good, scuffed them up with a scotchbrite pad, one coat of primer, and a healthy coat of black paint. All in all the materials cost me around $15 bucks and took me a full day with waiting on stuff to dry. Just thought i'd post some pictures to see what ya'll thought. Let me know if you have any questions.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well I had some brake work done over spring break and while the wheels were off of my truck i decided to take them home and paint them. i am very happy with how they have turned out. I washed them pretty good, scuffed them up with a scotchbrite pad, one coat of primer, and a healthy coat of black paint. All in all the materials cost me around $15 bucks and took me a full day with waiting on stuff to dry. Just thought i'd post some pictures to see what ya'll thought. Let me know if you have any questions.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

that looks awsome! what kind of paint did you use? Im thinking of doing the same thing to my truck

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just used black semi-gloss paint i picked up at advanced auto. I think it was $3.00 a can iirc, and i used two cans for the wheels and center caps.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just used black semi-gloss paint i picked up at advanced auto. I think it was $3.00 a can iirc, and i used two cans for the wheels and center caps.
how did you prep the wheels??

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
looks a 100% better. :thumbsup:

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
They go good with the stack and running bars.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks great man! Are you goin to do anything w/ the headlights? I think smoked lights would look killer!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Nice job with the rims, I also have to comment on the spotless driveway I guess your truck doesn't leak oil:thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
I like it. Do your bumpers and grill too!

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im going to have my rockers and bumpers linex'd and paint the grill black, and then use the vht niteshades on the healights like i did my cab lights and 3rd brake light. Thanks for the compliments guys. For prep, i cleaned them really good with soap and water, scuffed them up with a scotch brite pad and then used self etching primer and then painted them. If anyone has anymore questions just let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts