Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to get paint over spray off of chrome, paint and my windshield it is on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!11

thanks

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
I would PM Smokindiesel (Mike) he is the detailing guru...But I would say a clay bar will remove it easily.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Brakleen works well on chrome with no damage and windows.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the info ...... picked up a load in a shipyard the other day and goin down the road realized i have yellow over spray all over my stuff

·
Registered
491 Posts
coka cola and aluminum foil on chrome and i bet itll work on paint too minus foil, heard it on Popular Science years back, has anyone ever put a nail in a full coke bottle before, rumor has it it'll disappear. id try the clay bar but be carefull if so it'll turn into a sand bar quick:rof imagine a rig soaked in coke though:thud:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would use clay bar on paint turning often. acetone will work great on chrome and glass DO NOT GET ON PAINT. also bad for rubber

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lacquer thinner. Just dont get it on the paint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clay everything or atleast the paint at the very least. Or you can use steel wool on your windows and chrome, use some glass cleaner on the wool for a little lube.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Clay ...

Clay the paint ...
Then the chrome ...
Then the glass ...
Please listen to this guy...He is a detailing expert, even if it is in his own mind:lol3:
JK Mike does know what to do...:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
clay bar will take it off everything but rubber in my experience

·
Registered
540 Posts
Clay everything or atleast the paint at the very least. Or you can use steel wool on your windows and chrome, use some glass cleaner on the wool for a little lube.
My grandmother brought me steel wool to clean my truck about 4 months ago....

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
use Denatured Alcohol from a hardware store for overspray (chrome, glass, and whatever else) that works rather well with overspray, I used to use it when I was spaying bedliners to take off overspray of the bedline primer or even the bedliner itself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts