Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dodge 1500 that I put a 4 cyl cummins in. It is a short bed regular cab. I was woundering if anybody know about how much it would cost to paint. Thanku.

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
Moved to the Auto Body forum for better exposure. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
All depends on what the body is like. Does it have a lot of dents, rust, holes from rust. Then what kind of paint you use. Labour is going to be more than the actual paint. Shouldn't be more than $4000 if the body is in good shape.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All depends on what the body is like. Does it have a lot of dents, rust, holes from rust. Then what kind of paint you use. Labour is going to be more than the actual paint. Shouldn't be more than $4000 if the body is in good shape.
Its not all that bad. It has holes in it not from rust. The prevous owner had a light system on the outside, and took them off before he sold the truck. They are about 3/16. You can see were the sun faded the paint. Thankyou.

·
SuperDuperMod
2,813 Posts
it depends on what kind of job you want, scuff and shoot for 600-1000, a real reputable shop that will fix and do everything right will probably charge 3-5 grand.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I would like it to look pretty nice so I am probably looking at the 5gs. might be a little while off.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Where are you, I know in central FL they work really cheap figure a 80's mustang would be done dam nice for like 900, and in South FL they can be gotten for like 2500 or so for the same job. Your best bet would be to call shops in the area, try and do it in cash and tell them your color code.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankyou but a am about 1300 miles away. I live in South Jersey. I been asking around, most prices have been above 2700.

·
Registered
34 Posts
im in pa n i was lookin at gettin mine painted cuz shes 6 diff colors now and most of the small time painters are about 1500-2000 and their puttin out dam nice paint jobs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts