Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn w/6.7 CCSB, Granite Crystal Metallic
50 Posts
Ceramic is a wax on steroids. Do you have all the proper washing items to help the ceramic last?
I’m new to ceramic and also recently did a ceramic coating on my truck myself. Can you state the proper washing items for the ceramic coating? Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
First what ceramic did you use?? If it came from a spray bottle it is not true ceramic.
Ive been detailing and installing ceramic, paint protection film and window tint for far to long to remember.
Proper washing (how I do it) I start with the wheels. I use Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner with a lug nut brush, soft microfiber mitt and a detail brush for the barrels.
Rinse all heavy dirt off with a hose or power washer.
Foam gun/ foam cannon with a Ph balanced soap. DetailedImage has good products.
Rinse vehicle.
In my wash bucket I put in a lot of soap. So much soap it should feel slick. My wash bucket is separate from my wheel bucket and has two grit guards to keep the dirt that is pulled off the vehicle at the bottom of the bucket. Wash vehicle lightly as the pre foam will release most heavy debris
Rinse vehicle again.
Get yourself an electric leaf blower and blow dry the vehicle. Towel drying will induce marring of the paint. With a soft drying towel finish drying the vehicle.
There’s more but you should get the point.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First what ceramic did you use?? If it came from a spray bottle it is not true ceramic.
Ive been detailing and installing ceramic, paint protection film and window tint for far to long to remember.
Proper washing (how I do it) I start with the wheels. I use Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner with a lug nut brush, soft microfiber mitt and a detail brush for the barrels.
Rinse all heavy dirt off with a hose or power washer.
Foam gun/ foam cannon with a Ph balanced soap. DetailedImage has good products.
Rinse vehicle.
In my wash bucket I put in a lot of soap. So much soap it should feel slick. My wash bucket is separate from my wheel bucket and has two grit guards to keep the dirt that is pulled off the vehicle at the bottom of the bucket. Wash vehicle lightly as the pre foam will release most heavy debris
Rinse vehicle again.
Get yourself an electric leaf blower and blow dry the vehicle. Towel drying will induce marring of the paint. With a soft drying towel finish drying the vehicle.
There’s more but you should get the point.
I went to a professional detailer and they did the job right. Decontamination, clay…..the whole 9 yards. Corsair East in Leesburg, VA. They use the SB3 line of ceramic coatings. It has a 5 year warranty as long as I follow the recommended aftercare procedures. It wasn’t cheap and they had my truck for two days….$1500 plus I tipped heavy.

Overall I am very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts