Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Pacs exhaust brake on my truck. it was on it when i bought it about a year ago and it just now started giving me fits. sometimes it won't come on at all or it comes on but doesn't hardly hold anything back. and other times it will work good but won't wanna turn off. like if your heading down a hill and have had it on for a while when you put your foot on the gas it tries to accelerate but it can't cause the exhaust brake won't go off. Someone told me it might be the solenoid. Just wonderin if anyone could help me. thanks, Brendan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Figure out how the electric circuit works, get a volt meter and trace that out, make sure you have vacuum where your suppose to, and just narrow it down to the culprit. I my self have had problems with almost everything in the system at one time or another. Your just going to have to figure this one out, if I were there I would help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have had problems with the valve it self sticking in the exhaust if they are old enough they get a build up on them and stick either open or closed. one i had just got to rusted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts