Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused013: just installed pacbrake on my 2003 ctd 48re trans. install was done by a local shop, he did a nice job on the installation. Took the truck out for a test drive brake worked fine until I attempted to down shift the truck, the pacbrake kick off and had a difficult time reactivating the pacbrake, if you leave it in gear and dont shift it down it works fine. Called pacbrake and advised it was the nature of the beast for the 2003 dodges. The trans looses pressure signaling the pacbrake to shut off and that I have to add throttle to the motor to increase pressure. Pryor to installing the pacbrake the trans shifted down great manually, i did install a heavy duty torque converter, now the the pacbrake the down shifting is slow a small hesitation before shifting and was told this was due to the pacbrake module. Not really happy:doh: how this application is working my truck. any suggestions

·
Registered
344 Posts
A couple of differences here that I'll acknowledge first: 1) mine is an 04.5 though it is still a 4RE and 2) I've never tried manually downshifting while the exhaust brake is engaged. If I'm towing heavy I'll engage tow/haul prior to decelerating and engaging the exhaust brake. I've been really pleased with how that works. I usually shut the Pac-brake off if I'm not towing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
432 Posts
if your not happy with it. ill take it off your hands. do u have to down shift the tranny? why not leave it alone and let if work likes its supposed to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts