Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 806 p-pump to replace my 842 pump but I don't have near the power I did before. I have the timing at 13.5 and I have checked multiple times! I have afc live installed (yes I have tried full power switch) and 4k springs with the rack plug.
I pulled a delivery valve and it has 009 on it. What kind of dv is it and Can I replace the DV to gain back my power?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
DVs are rarely the bottleneck in fuel delivery... Where did you get the 'new' IP, who rebuilt it, or was it just a stocker pulled from somewhere?

Making more seat-of-the-pants power with the 12V is almost entirely about A> Making more boost, and B> Getting to that boost level (i.e., spooling the turbo) quicker. That's oversimplifying a complicated topic, sure, but still. A new IP is probably going to require some retuning, the AFCL doesn't do all the work for ya, and throwing parts (i.e. new DVs) at it is only gonna help your acceleration by lightening your wallet.

Given you've got an AFCL I am assuming you probably have a boost gauge installed. Is it struggling to build boost quickly, or is it just not topping out at the boost level it was before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got it from goldfarb and associates inc. That was the only one with the right throttle linkage I need for my ford. It runs good it just doesn't have the power it did. I think it has the 11mm plungers in it. It was getting 28-30psi before and now it struggles to hit 15psi. And when I get on it there is no smoke. At the power level it's at with the afc live off it should be rolling it out. I already had the afclive I just added the plug and GSK while I was installing the refurbished pump. The plungers went out in my old pump so I had no choice but to change it. I installed the max travel kit in the afc as well.

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
It is an 11mm pump not great for performance. It was probably out of a school bus or medium duty truck. The tan color is also tell-tale of it being industrial not a dodge pump.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I got it from goldfarb and associates inc. That was the only one with the right throttle linkage I need for my ford. It runs good it just doesn't have the power it did. I think it has the 11mm plungers in it. It was getting 28-30psi before and now it struggles to hit 15psi. And when I get on it there is no smoke. At the power level it's at with the afc live off it should be rolling it out. I already had the afclive I just added the plug and GSK while I was installing the refurbished pump. The plungers went out in my old pump so I had no choice but to change it. I installed the max travel kit in the afc as well.
Have your old pump? Send it to Seth at Ferrell diesel in Kansas City.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a ford f600 so it's not a dodge pump. It's a little different throttle linkage than dodge pumps. I wish I could have used a dodge pump. I just want 300-350 hp out of it. What type of delivery valves can I replace the 009 with? There nothing like dodge dv.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I'm already $1200 into this pump. I wanted to try and make it work if I can. All I want is 300-350 hp.
I’m not familiar with the 11mm. But you could have had yours done for less and done by the right man. It might not hurt to give him a call anyway. He knows those pumps inside and out. Tell him what you’ve done and want and he might have some advice.

Did the company that rebuilt the pump for you tell you what it flowed for fuel? The 11mm should be able to make some power.

I think those are called constant pressure valves and not delivery valves.

Is there anyway to get your money back and have your proper pump rebuilt? And is the sompany helping you out with why they sold you a different pump?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts