Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new down here in the 1st gen, i already have a 96, but i found a good deal on a 91 and was wondering who here has done a p7100 conversion for there truck and where i could find some literature. I originally wanted a 1st gen, now i suppose ill have one as well. another question...it has a manual in it..what clutches have worked well, and any other advice would be helpful! thanks

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome to the dark ages.
Can't help with questions cause I am in love with the VE pump and I got a 727 slush box.
I like my tranny even though it has a loose converter still because I can stay on the power and it is quicker than trying to speed shift a tranny that does not like to.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
On the other hand if I wanted to tow or pinch all the mpg I would love a standard. Maybee I should have one of each. Don't tell the wife!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's not that big of a deal. The clutches are the same as the NV but NO LARGE INPUTS. 12.25 or 13".

The P, you'll need timing case, pump, throttle linkage, injection lines, injectors (bodies have different threads for the injector lines), and recommended 1stgen nozzles. The piston bowls are slightly different, but I think the stock IC'd injector nozzles would make some sick power with a P-pump.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys, im new down here in the 1st gen, i already have a 96, but i found a good deal on a 91 and was wondering who here has done a p7100 conversion for there truck and where i could find some literature. I originally wanted a 1st gen, now i suppose ill have one as well. another question...it has a manual in it..what clutches have worked well, and any other advice would be helpful! thanks
Ya, i think the reason i want to do the p7100 conversion on this truck is id like to see it at atleast 350hp 700ft lbs ....possible with the VE? if so tell me what needs to be on my shopping list?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Ya, i think the reason i want to do the p7100 conversion on this truck is id like to see it at atleast 350hp 700ft lbs ....possible with the VE? if so tell me what needs to be on my shopping list?
I think a VE can put out 350hp without too much drama.

I would check out Diesel Power Mag's project rust bucket. I think they are shooting for 350-400.

1989 Dodge Ram buildup: Project Rust Bucket | Miscellaneous Blog & Discussion at Diesel Power Magazine

Man reading those articles on that makes me wanna get a 1st gen:thumbsup

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think a VE can put out 350hp without too much drama.

I would check out Diesel Power Mag's project rust bucket. I think they are shooting for 350-400.

1989 Dodge Ram buildup: Project Rust Bucket | Miscellaneous Blog & Discussion at Diesel Power Magazine

Man reading those articles on that makes me wanna get a 1st gen:thumbsup
ya, i love the look of the first gen since i saw my first when i was 14 and bought my 96 because well, i dont have a wife to tell me its too loud. i plan on keeping both trucks. thanks for the link.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If that's all you want then throw a set of EDM injectors from New Era Diesel (370's-435's) at it. A good electric lift pump and bypass regulator. Add some more air with a used HX40 with a 16cm housing or an S300 and you'll be there easily. Maybe some W/M to cool things down a bit if you tow at all but that IP can make 450 before you need to pull it. You can hit 400HP for about 1800 if it's a manual. If it's an auto set about 2G's aside for the right trans mods. But that's for another thread.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If that's all you want then throw a set of EDM injectors from New Era Diesel (370's-435's) at it. A good electric lift pump and bypass regulator. Add some more air with a used HX40 with a 16cm housing or an S300 and you'll be there easily. Maybe some W/M to cool things down a bit if you tow at all but that IP can make 450 before you need to pull it. You can hit 400HP for about 1800 if it's a manual. If it's an auto set about 2G's aside for the right trans mods. But that's for another thread.
where would one get a bypass regulator?

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'v done one. Very happy with it so far. Won't be going back.
PM me for info.
TOMMY
I've seen it in action too, very impressive :thumbsup

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts