Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read over other forums people have posted about, but this morning it was in the low teens and I used my remote start to start my truck.. I kind of heard it hiccup when it started and thought it was unusual. When I went out to get in my truck the CEL was on. Shut the truck off, checked the codes and showed p2509 and p2609. I know what they are, but any ideas what to check. I check the solenoid for the grid heater, i just replaced that a year ago and a nut on top was loose so I tightened it. I cannot get my heater to cycle, so do you think that could be the culprit again as to why it will not cycle? The batteries were replaced over the summer, so unless they bombed quickly, I do not think they could be bad, but I will get them tested anyways to see if I can rule them out. But later today I will take the cables and clean them as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have been throwing 2609 off and on for a yr now, mainly when its cold out. i have yet to get it fixed and looked at.. i would have said batteries, however its been going on for a while now and the truck cranks no problems.. i hear the grid cycling and suppose the elements could be bad but it starts, i enable high idle and dont worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts