Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm waiting on my appt. on June 9th for the CEL code P2262. Today when I went to go for a ride the CEL was gone and didn't come back on. Any ideas why? Did the turbo clear itself out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a code come up on mine on Sunday and was on intill Tuesday. Then just shut itself off too. Not sure what code it was though

·
Registered
76 Posts
So I'm waiting on my appt. on June 9th for the CEL code P2262. Today when I went to go for a ride the CEL was gone and didn't come back on. Any ideas why? Did the turbo clear itself out?
That happened to me also, but it came back 2 days later. (thats when they gave me the AP flash)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
It stored the code....after 5 good runtimes it will clear itself and put it into stored code memory...now the bad news....since it is a stored code and not an active code your chances at getting a turbo for low boost mechanical detected.....which is the 2262 code are now zilch to none....great chrysler warranty....contact cummins if they give you hassle....from experience I can tell you if chrysler won't fix it...they will.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It stored the code....after 5 good runtimes it will clear itself and put it into stored code memory...now the bad news....since it is a stored code and not an active code your chances at getting a turbo for low boost mechanical detected.....which is the 2262 code are now zilch to none....great chrysler warranty....contact cummins if they give you hassle....from experience I can tell you if chrysler won't fix it...they will.
Well that sucks, I don't really care about a new turbo, this one seems to work fine. I just want the darn thing fixed, I don't really want to make this 4K mile trip wondering if the turbo is gonna go.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Your turbo is not going to go.....I know the latest flashes have fixed the majority of the problems associated with this code:thumbsup

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Dodge has a new TSB for the 2262 code. Dodge has this super heavy duty cleaner that they will use on the turbo. Some where on the turbo they will drill a hole in the housing and inject that cleaner in it. I think they do it by inserting a tube in it to spray it around. once there done they will plug the hole. Its to clean the carbon out of it. Which is the root cause of the 2262 code. My dodge tech told me about it. He has not done one him self. He pushes to replace the turbo and not to put a band aid on the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
yeah it will go on and off but it always comes back! My truck does the same thing. It has to go in to get fixed!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Dodge has a new TSB for the 2262 code. Dodge has this super heavy duty cleaner that they will use on the turbo. Some where on the turbo they will drill a hole in the housing and inject that cleaner in it. I think they do it by inserting a tube in it to spray it around. once there done they will plug the hole. Its to clean the carbon out of it. Which is the root cause of the 2262 code. My dodge tech told me about it. He has not done one him self. He pushes to replace the turbo and not to put a band aid on the problem.
Actually the new turbos that people are getting already have this port. I just got a new turbo last week and they said it has a cleaning port on it. Tech said hopefully other companys will sell a replacemt cleaner over the shelf because dodge isnt selling it at the dealership. IM tired of the whole gotta clean this because the dpf clogs everything up. that bad boys coming off as soon as my BADP code free gets here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Your 2262 code will come back sooner or later. My dealer told me they had the kit for cleaning but they still put a new turbo on mine. It seems surprising that Dodge would give the local dealer the latitude to decide which repair method to use.

I wish somebody would put up a picture to show the difference between the old and new turbos. I hear so much conflicting information I'd like to see it with my own eyes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
in my case i have found that if i run my cortex on extreme that it will throw the same code in a day or two. so i changed it to performance tune and it went away hell i took it to the dealer about the code it was on the day before and by the time i got there and got them to put the star scan on it there was no code in the memory :coocoo. the funny thing is that it tells you that it will clog up the dpf fairly fast on extreme but i have never seen the catlist full or 80,90 like i did when the truck was new like 6+ months ago.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They did the turbo clean on my truck and a week later had to replace the turbo when the cel came back on for the third time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
your code will clear if it has four consecutive drive cycles with no problems thats why it cleared it is still a stored code need to get the egr cleaned any way get latest flash update for pcm and ccn

·
Registered
468 Posts
my truck kept throwing that code and dealer said the dpf got full of soot and it backed up all the way to the turbo and clogged it, and the code turned off because my truck went into regen and cleaned it. its all bs im saving up for a delete kit i dont care about warranty id rather my truck last longer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had this new cleaning process done on my truck. And it threw the P2262 code in under 400 miles and again in 100 miles

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Well, unfortunately its a band aid fix. they havent come up with a true fix yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So basically, if I get a 2262, which I did, and it clears, and then I get another CEL which will not display a code (like the last 4-6 CEL's) then it is a good chance that it is another 2262 but just not displaying? Will a hand scanner show this even if the key trick isn't?
Sounds like a dealer trip is in my near future....

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yeah, the dealer machine will show the code. Not sure if it will be another 2262 code though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well 5000 miles later it threw the 2262 code again. Man this thing is pissin me off. I'm seriously considering trading in for a 5.9.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
The EGR is the culprit, guys. Delete the DPF, remove the EGR, and all these soot-build-up codes will disappear. Im still waiting on my kit but have seen the effects, before and after, firsthand. The cummins 6.7L was not designed to have an EGR on it. Remove it and you are removing your problems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts