Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just did the deletes about three weeks ago and everything was running great. After washing my truck today, I started it and the CEL came on. Checked the codes with my Mini Maxx and got P2262. After doing some reading on here it looks like my turbo may need to me cleaned. The truck has 65K on it. How can I clean my turbo myself?

Any other things that may throw this code?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Have you tried clearing the code? Might want to drive with the EB on all the time.
I have seen turbo cleaning kits from Chrysler. If you have the later turbo, there is a clean out plug in the housing. I would even try Seafoam.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleared the code with my Mini Maxx and then took it out on the freeway and ran the piss out of it (after reading through hundreds of post on here, that seems to be what is recommended). I run my EB 100% of the time.

I haven't checked to see if my turbo has the cleaning port yet. I have heard of using seafoam but how do you do it?

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
a friend wh is a service tech at the dealer did mine, we went ut on an open road, EB on, ran it till about 80mph, let the eb engage, and repeat several times, the eb function is stronger each time,

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a friend wh is a service tech at the dealer did mine, we went ut on an open road, EB on, ran it till about 80mph, let the eb engage, and repeat several times, the eb function is stronger each time,
I did that yesterday, but my EB has always worked and still does. I haven't go the code since I cleared it....I'm hoping it was a fluke

·
Registered
267 Posts
Strange, I cleaned my truck couple weeks ago, and bing! P2262. My EB didn't work, though. Dealer replaced under warranty. Good luck.
Where is this plug?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Line your flashlight, or your eyesight, over the positive terminal on the passenger side battery and you will see a 1/4 nut pointing right at you out of the turbo.

Some trucks do not have the cleaning port tho.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I went by the dealer today to see if I could buy the stuff to clean my turbo myself and of course they said no. Then they informed me that I should bring it in and have them do it under warranty. I explained to them that I have voided my warranty (I'm honest) with a programmer / deletes. I was suprised to hear them say that they would still honor the warranty if the programmer / deletes didn't cause the sooting of the turbo. I'm sure in the end they will say no on the warranty work but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the dealer is actually playing by the rules, warranties are not suppose to be voided unless the modification you made was the direct cause of your truck's problem, obviously the direct cause of your problem is the EPA and the way your truck came off the assembly line. If there telling you to bring it in for a cleaning and that your deletes will not affect the warranty for the cleaning, I would take it to them and thank them for there customer service.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Why does running with the exhaust brake on all the time help keep things cleaner and help out with preventing them from sooting up?
It only helps keep the sliding nozzle inside the turbo clean. Whenever the EB is on and you decel the nozzle slides and changes the turbine vanes geometry. That constant actuation keeps soot from accumulating on the slide thus keeping the turbo clean. Make sense?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer also want to preform the J35 while I'm in. Will the J35 have any negative effect on my truck, being that it is deleted?

Reactions: calgary 6.7

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cool thanks
well actually it will, if you are deleted

it is stock tuning that will include egr and dpf cycles, once your truck is started with the stock j35 tuning it will throw a bunch of codes and not run properly, i would not have them do the j35 (if you have a smarty download the 23me tuning it has the j35 updates included)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cool thanks
well actually it will, if you are deleted

it is stock tuning that will include egr and dpf cycles, once your truck is started with the stock j35 tuning it will throw a bunch of codes and not run properly, i would not have them do the j35 (if you have a smarty download the 23me tuning it has the j35 updates included)

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
he has a mini maxx....

before they do the flash, just put the truck back to stock, let them flash it, and then you put your tune back on....

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
the j35 will only effect ti if you return to stock, it changes the fueling characteristics at idle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts