Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2013 big horn. The one I am looking at has a p203f code (Reductant Level Too Low). My understanding is that is the def level and pump. Am I better off putting some kind of tuner on the truck to make that go away or replacing the pump?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the truck had/has some kind of tuner on it. There is an edge box of some kind under the hood and a gauge pod where something was taken out. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
13,693 Posts
Does it still have the DPF and SCR cat with the DEF system still connected???

To me, I'd pass on buying anything like that where you don't know the complete history.

The P203F just indicates that the ecm is seeing a dangerously low DEF level, if it still has an operating SCR system, fill the DEF tank and it will probably go away on its own.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Follow the wires from the Edge box, see if it still has power from the fuse box. All he did was take the monitor for the Edge. It would have been emissions intact tuning anyway, so no big worry there.

That looks like a stock exhaust, hard to tell if the EGR is hooked up in the pictures. It does appear to be there at least.

If the deal is decent, I'd say go for it. Can always tune it and do weight reductions.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Someone is actually trying to sell that truck looking like that?? I would run away from that one. If they can't take the time to clean it up a little bit and at least try to hide the wires I doubt they did a damn thing to take care of it while they owned it. Plus you have no idea if it has a tune on it or any history. Run away

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a fresh trade in for cheap. That is why I am asking about it and thinking about rolling the dice on it.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Someone is actually trying to sell that truck looking like that?? I would run away from that one. If they can't take the time to clean it up a little bit and at least try to hide the wires I doubt they did a damn thing to take care of it while they owned it. Plus you have no idea if it has a tune on it or any history. Run away

I agree with you, re the wires but I, personally, will run faster from a freshly scrubbed engine bay than from one that's au naturel.

At least they're not hiding anything. Even the wires can be figured out. Maybe he had a guage of some kind or another. Or maybe..... Something else. But at least it can be traced if you're in the mood

·
Registered
212 Posts
It is a fresh trade in for cheap. That is why I am asking about it and thinking about rolling the dice on it.
Hmm...how many times have you read guys on forums go on and on about all the problems they've had with their trucks and say they are tired of it and are going to trade it in on something else?
I'd have to pass on that truck. Too many un-knowns.

·
Registered
13,693 Posts
I passed on the truck and they sold it to some wholeseller.
You're probably better off.

There are lots of other trucks for sale out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts