Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a 300 mile trip today and was very happy with the performance of my truck. I averaged 18.1 MPG for the day and kept my cruise set on 55-65 all day long. The truck was running great until I got home. I had planned to idle for a few minutes prior to shut down to allow the turbo to cool. When I started to set my high idle, the lightning bolt came on. I turned the truck off and restarted it - still on. I restarted a second time and lightning bolt was gone. I then checked my codes with the key thing (on-off, on-off, on) and got the following codes: P2000 - nox absorber Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1, and P061a - etc Level 2 Torque Performance. This is the first time I ever got these messages, although I had a mysterious CEL come on about a moth ago - no codes. I had the G30 recall one last NOV and have the ax flash. Anyone have a similar problem?

I guess I will go to the dealership again tomorrow to get it reflashed - because that is all they pretty much do in any situation :)lol3:). I do not know what they will flash it to since I have the most recent one? Maybe I can join all of you who have the overhead flash with no results - the one that is suppose to tell you that you are in regen, but no one has seen the (unicorn) you are in regen message.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've had the P2000 several times. I think it is caused by problems with the oxygen sensor. That's what they replaced on my truck the last time. Don't know about the other code.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
The 061a code will get thrown quite often when you set the high idle with the EB on. Its just a glitch in the system they haven't figured out yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update:

Just got back from the service dept at the local dealer. The tech told me he updated the ECM. He plugged in the starscan and told me he was worried at first because it already had the AX flash. He then went and updated the starscan on the PC and said there were three new flashes - above the AX. He said that he installed the one specific to my VIN so I do not know if all three apply to the 07.5s. He did not know the tune letters. At the following link, https://techauthority.gltghosting.c...Avail?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10051 (page 118) it shows that the AX was the latest flash for my vehicle as of 14 APR 08. ??????????

I am sure the P061a code was thrown because I ran the EB and high idle at the same time. I am not sure what tripped the P2000 code, but I did not ever get a CEL - just the lightning bolt. The tech told me that they increased the range of the ETC algorithm for the "new flash" and a more restrictive ETC algorithm (from "previous" flash) probably triggered the codes. He said the truck was running at a more restrictive mode because of the P061a code. It seems to run fine now and I can not really tell a difference at all.

Time will tell if it is fixed I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts