Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help. Just installed DTT shift kit, front servo, accumulator, band strut, anchor, and GM solonoid. Truck seems to work fine (actually shifts much better than before as expected). However, I keep getting a P1751 code pointing to the throttle valve actuator. I have cleared it several times with my insight but it keeps coming back. I went through the initialization for the actuator (key on and off 3x, then back to on and left there for min of one minute). Everything was fine before the install, no codes. I checked operation of the throttle valve on the valve body following the install and it seemed to work fine. Please help, this is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so an update. Waited until it threw the code then tried to drive. Wouldn't shift out of first gear. Reset code, drives fine. Code keeps re-appearing (no right away though, and seems to take a re-cycle of key before coming back on). This makes me think that the TV inside the valve body is fine and its something with the actuator. Is there something I did wrong with the initialization? Anything else?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update #2-Talked with Bill at DTT, he advised that the TV screw and pressure screw needed to be adjusted. He was right on the money as knock on wood, the truck hasn't thrown the code again. Turns out my pressure was way too high and was apparently causing the code. As many others have discovered, the folks at DTT not only know their stuff but are extremely helpful. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
so, which direction did you go with the tv screw and how many turns counterclockwise (from fully extended) are you on the pressure screw? I've been contemplating on playing with the tv screw hoping to get a little bit later shifts, but I heard it only affects 1st gear. What did it do for you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the exact same issue as you do omalley, what exactly did bill tell you i can't get in touch with him did he tell you to change the pressure with the dtt valve pressure unit or on the actual tranny?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts