Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting Juice and MP8 installed i noticed i still had a code... looking on the edge i see this p0700....

Says "MIL Request"

am i going to have to take this to dealer and if so should i remove the juice?

note... battery went dead before installation of juice and mp8 - stereo ran it out... do you think this could have caused this?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
After getting Juice and MP8 installed i noticed i still had a code... looking on the edge i see this p0700....

Says "MIL Request"

am i going to have to take this to dealer and if so should i remove the juice?

note... battery went dead before installation of juice and mp8 - stereo ran it out... do you think this could have caused this?
Yep going to have to take it to the dealer. Im pretty sure you have to have a special scan tool to read what actually is wrong with trans controller. Its a generic code and can me anything until you scan it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should i take edge out?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
it would be best to take all mods off to avoid getting your truck black listed. Either way. P0700 is a generic code that says hey your trans is effed up. This code pops up when ever you have another trans related code come up. Yes he is right too, a smarty or another scanner wont clear the P0700, it will just clear what ever one is associated with it. The other codes will be a P17XX I don't think they come up when you do the key trick either so you need smarty or other scan tool to read them

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
does the truck run fine with the shimmed fuel valve with mp8 off?

even if i take stuff off, they gonna see egt probe atleast

so much to remove andi just installed it all!!! :(

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
before you go rush off and take everything out, is the truck running fine? That code will be stored indefinitly until it is cleared even though the code conditions may not even be present. Bottom line, if it ain't broke, don't fix it....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
truck seems to run fine.... but again i just drove it only 10 minutes last night for the first time in days because doing all the upgrades.... just talked to the guy i know at dodge dealership... he is cool with programmers but just told me to take it off before coming and he will take a look at it

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
If you take it in you are best to remove it just to be safe. They dont need any more distractions there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just had the same code come up on my truck. I was installing new compressors and left the hood open for 2 days over the weekend. The batteries were dead, and I had to charge it for over an hour to start it. On the first drive I had that same CEL come up. It took 4 drive cycles to clear it, but it went away and hasn't come back. Could be coincidence that your batteries went dead as well, but my guess is that is the cause. If it isn't running bad, that sounds like a lot of work taking it back to stock just to go have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, after being there so long... it was a battery code... argh!!!! they cleared it and all is good.... geez..... now time to put the edge back on....

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Why in the hell is a battery code associated with the trans controller. I wonder if it has to have volatage at all times?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.