Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0633 SKIM Key Not Programmed in PCM

Anyone know what this might mean? I had some other codes but was able to clear them with the pred. this one won't clear. Truck works good no issues. Just makes me curious.

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
i keep getting that code once n a while also and i found its due to using my PPE.
Ive had a chat with a few people about it and its a code that would be thrown if you tried to use a "unprogrammed" key in the ignition. Nothing bad i dont think.. im guessing its just from using a programmer and what it does with the ignition..??

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. well the key keeps starting it so I guess thats recognition enough for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
has anybody ever had this code pop up and not clear and the truck runs fine except the cluster goes crazy every once in awhile....it will ding and the guages all drop to nothing and come back up immediately ...but it does it numerous times at about anywhere from 2-10 intervals? this is making me nuts! i have taken it to the dealer and they put a new ignition switch in when i actually had problems with the skim key and they programmed my keys again and everything....they said that they checked all the wiring harness but for some reason i keep thinking this might be a wiring issue....anybody? please help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts