Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the codes on my truck and this is what I got.... What does it mean?

Do I need to go to the dealer? What should I do to fix this? :confused013:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would almost bet you have the High idle enabled on your truck if so this is what set the P061a code . Has your truck ever had the lighting bolt on? then when you restarted it went away? My truck did the same thing went into limp mode restarted the truck and all was fine .

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know the high idle tripped this code. I learn something new every day. I do have it engaged and run it regulary. I also got the lightning bolt for the first time the other day. I just shut the truck off, restarted it and everything was fine. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
we run high idle all the time and have never got a code. the torque management is...well how hard do you run your truck?

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. I dont run this truck hard at all. Its still new and is my baby.

When I got that code the other day, I turned off the high idle by shifting into gear, I normally just turn it off by turning the cruise off.

Oh by the way, I sent you a pm...

·
Diesel Lunatic
204 Posts
Lightening Bolt

I got the bolt the other day and went to the dealer and they said my brake light sensor was bad. It cost $130 to have new one put in. Power braking was mentioned as to the failure of the sensor.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I had that same code on mine as well...it came up when I started the truck and put it in high idle right away....it goes away...what flash are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
torque performance came on ours when we killed the converter?
I hope this is not the case.. It seems to shift fine and locks up just fine... I have 28,000 and no engine mods.

I got the bolt the other day and went to the dealer and they said my brake light sensor was bad. It cost $130 to have new one put in. Power braking was mentioned as to the failure of the sensor.
The truck has never been power braked unless the wife did it... I highly doubt that she even knows how... :lol4:

I had that same code on mine as well...it came up when I started the truck and put it in high idle right away....it goes away...what flash are you running?
Im not sure... How can I tell?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It should be on a tag by your radiator....when was the last time the dealership did a flash for you? the earlier flashes produced that same code...the later ones addressed it and it is no longer there

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I got that code last week, and it was when I was idling with the EB on and I manually went to high idle. The code popped up, lightning bolt was on. I turned off the vehicle, let the Edge clear the code and haven't seen it since.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I got that code last week, and it was when I was idling with the EB on and I manually went to high idle. The code popped up, lightning bolt was on. I turned off the vehicle, let the Edge clear the code and haven't seen it since.
That is when it pops up :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: I have the AX flash. Should I still be getting this code? Truck seems to be running good, is there a newer flash? should I be running it instead? Thanks guys!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts