Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everything but still no answers. My Truck randomly throws this code and truck wont start... It isnt from leaving key in ignition and starting... it will be after being parked a few hours... I am lost. The fob has new battery and all... Anyone have ANY other insight? Its on my 07 5.9

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
My 08 6.7 started throwing the same code last night... No frikkin' clue here either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine was doing it also. I have a bullydog programmer and was told it could be a issue with the latest update. I contacted bullydog and they walked me through the steps to uninstall and go back to the factory programming. Haven't had a issue since. The engineer said it was something to do with the computer and immobilizer not syncing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Me too!

Mine also threw this code the other day after failing to start. So far it only happened once and it's an isolated occurrence. I wish I knew what caused this...it makes me nervous!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would say 99% of the time its the key ... put a new battery in it.. but another thing is sometimes the key can not work .. something with the battery not sitting right in there and needing a light tap ...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Battery?

My truck has manual locks with no key fob.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Any of you have a fob for a different rig on your key chain .. They can cause issues...

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Immobilizer has nothing to do with the fob, it is a chip in the head of the key. Battery for the fob does not power the chip. Same technology as the anti theft chips in stores. Likely the chip in the key is dieing or is dead.

·
Registered
363 Posts
then that changes everything cause I know if my lock/unlock dont work the truck will not start.. I mean it will start then shut off lol

·
Registered
2011 Ram 2500 Megacab 6.7HO, 465 turbo, EZ Lynk programmer, BDS 6” lift, 37” Toyo tires.
1 Posts
I recently bought a second key from the dealership and had it programmed for my truck. Half the time when I use that key, it throws the code and remote start won’t work. But both keys still run the truck when in the ignition. Personally I think that modern auto electrics is more like voodoo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts