Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

p049-p0513-p2509- Please help and any info

2503 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bigodiesel525
I have been running the xrt with the 175 tune v1 since before it was available. And Ive had 15,000 worry free miles and no problems. I drove to my appt and no problem and when i got out i went to start the truck and the lightning bolt and check engine light on. And also when i first start the truck the rpm needle vibrates and makes a weird sound and then it jumps up to the reg 750 rpm. I checked the ignition for codes and p0489[egr controll circuit low] and p2509[ecm/pcm power input signal intermitten] came up so i cleared them with the xrt and then started the truck and they came right back so i decided to upload the 120 tune and same deal but now i have code p0513[invalid skin id] Please help with any info, i have the full 5 in back exhaust, and full egr delet, i dont want to have to put it back to stock and take it to the dealler. Thanks
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,007 Posts
The p2509 code is almost always caused by a low battery, or starting in extreme cold weather without being plugged in overnight. It may take a good charge or drive cycle for your voltage to return to normal range and will then let you clear the light. The p0489 code will only show up when another code appears at the same time. If you download our latest update from our website this code will be fixed, never to return. The p0513 code can be set when changing tunes, it is a skim key code and should be able to be cleared right away. This also is fixed with the update. Email or call us if you still are having problems after you have done the XRT update, we would be glad to help.

Casey

· Silver Bullet
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks casey i updated to the new 175 tune, but i still got the p2509 code. The only thing is i live where it is farely warm and my amps are just above the halfway mark when running. The needles still vibrate then raise up to normal. Any one else have this problem. And the red lightning bolt and check engine light are still on with that code.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
check the body grounds to the fender too, those can cause the P2509 too.

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Sounds like you are still drawing a little more amperage than the batteries want to supply. During cranking, if the PCM gets below XXXX current it will throw the 2509 and the Electronic throttle indicator light. Does it seem to crank a bit slow? I would toss some new batteries on it if it were mine. If you dont want to fork out the dough for the batteries without knowing that is a 100% fix, hook up a nice charger to the batteries. Crank the truck a few times with a charger hooked up and see if it still throws the code.
If the code is gone, you need new batteries.

· Silver Bullet
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i took the positive cable off on the driver side and it looked like acid leaked out onto it, so i cleaned it to bare metal and the codes are gone so im going to pick up two new batteries, thanks guys for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.