Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a 04 dodge cummins and I parked it and went to go start it in the morning to find it wouldnt start so I finally got it to start and it threw a code p0341 cam position sensor so I replaced it but still didn't fix my hard start problem and I cant find much to help me out is there anything I should be looking at that im missing

·
Trying to learn
'03 QCLB 2500 305/555 NV5600 3.73 4x4
6,680 Posts
Early 2004 or 2004.5?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Another question that can help us. How many miles are on the truck?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Replace the crank and cam sensors. They are the same part number but two separate sensors. This will bring timing back to where it was originally and not delayed as old sensors cause.

·
Trying to learn
6,680 Posts
And also once I have gotten it started and warmed up it starts with no problems
Your symptoms and the mileage also sounds like the injectors might be done.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
With that many miles, it’s likely going to be a few things and lack of maintenance that’s caused your issue. Injectors is a likely issue as well. Especially if he put reman injectors in the truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With that many miles, it’s likely going to be a few things and lack of maintenance that’s caused your issue. Injectors is a likely issue as well. Especially if he put reman injectors in the truck.
If it is injectors you got in good brands I should be looking at this is my first diesel and I'm learning as I go along

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If it is injectors you got in good brands I should be looking at this is my first diesel and I'm learning as I go along
BBI, they are the very best. Most everyone on this forum will recommend them. The guys that started BBI, are the same guys that engineered the original Bosch injectors in our trucks. You can contact @Dude_57 or any of the guys from dudes diesel performance. They help support our forum.

Reactions: Dude_57

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BBI, they are the very best. Most everyone on this forum will recommend them. The guys that started BBI, are the same guys that engineered the original Bosch injectors in our trucks. You can contact @Dude_57 or any of the guys from dudes diesel performance. They help support our forum.
I'll have to take a look at em thanks for the help and info

·
Trying to learn
6,680 Posts
These two links will give you lots of good info.

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,737 Posts
Thank you so much for the mention again my friend! We are very blessed to have you!

Yes sir shoot us a message or call and we will gladly help you and make sure you get taken care of.

Clayton

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
verify demanded vs actual rail pressure when no start ? will tell you if fuel or electrical issue.
If electrical, should check wiring/sensors on truck, known issue , wiring to and from ECM to sensors have splice up against engine ie perform resistance test for that code instead of just wasting time/money and throwing parts at issue.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts