Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gys truck in my shop, 2000 5.9Lwith a list of goodies on it. 100hp injectors, dual turbos from BD power, edge comp box, smarty, BD tranny, gauges and BD lift pump.
problem is, once the truck reaches 2200rpm the tack drops off to zero. and you can notice a bit of different change in engine tone, doesn't feel like it looses power.....engine light comes on and thats it. crank sensor and cam sensor new! new batteries and all grounds cleaned. have been told that having the a/c compressor removed causes this......(a/c currently deleted)
i have used the search link of the forum but the P0336 info isn't helping. any ideas and what road i can go from here?
would an ecm reflash do the trick? or would it help? :confused013: anyhelp would be wonderful! :):yourock:

·
Registered
605 Posts
that code is a crank position sensor code

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, i know that, changed crank and cam sensors. whats causing this code to re-occur?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You might want to look in the "powertrain" section. Search for p0336 there are a ton of threads there for that code.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks, i'll giver a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts