Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dads truck is the same make and model as mine, 2002 2500 4x4 completely stock...Throwing the P1693 and P0216 codes... i have a sneaking suspicion that the vp-44 is bad and was wondering if replacing the lift pump would possibly solve the problem? or would it cause damage to the new one and we would be back in the same boat? as far as driveability if we didnt do anything for the time being will any more damage be caused to anything else? Thanks :banghead:

· Registered
254 Posts
replacing the lift pump might help, but it sure wont hurt! I can pretty much tell you your VP is dead and start looking into a new one. Call jacob over at diesel auto power. You can send him a PM his name on here is jkidd. Thats who I got mine from and hes got the best prices I can find. Just get both from him at the same time and youll be good to go! Running the vp will not damage anything else, it will just get worse is all.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
replacing the lift pump might help, but it sure wont hurt! I can pretty much tell you your VP is dead and start looking into a new one. Call jacob over at diesel auto power. You can send him a PM his name on here is jkidd. Thats who I got mine from and hes got the best prices I can find. Just get both from him at the same time and youll be good to go! Running the vp will not damage anything else, it will just get worse is all.
Thank you thats what we were afraid of, its good to hear that we can drive it for a few more months without causing anymore damage...ill be sure and talk with jkidd and see how it goes!

· Registered
254 Posts
yea I drove mine for a couple months, but it got steadily worse. Just be aware that these vp's can be unpredictable. Sometimes you can run them for a few months no issues, other times they will just die with no warning and leave you stranded :\ If I was you I would replace it asap just to be safe. And tell him shawn referred you!:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Looks like you guys got everything covered.. I just wanted to chime in and let you know I agree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.