Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck threw MIL P0202 fuel injector 2 circuit open code. I was at work (overseas) my wife was bringing truck to shop and when she stopped truck it would not start again. Wife said truck was running poorly prior to stopping it. Truck was towed to closest dealership where it sat for over three weeks. After several calls to Chrysler the dealership where truck was towed to called and said nothing was wrong with truck come pick it up. When I went to pick up the truck 2 codes were still present the P0202 and P2000. The service manager asked how I knew the codes. I just ignored him and told him I would bring the truck to dealer where I purchased the truck. I brought the truck to my dealer and he said the other dealership tried to clear the codes. Now to fix the P0202 problem my dealer wants to replace the valve cover? How is replacing the valve cover going to fix the open circuit problem for the injector? The valve cover is a restricted part and dealership said it would take 5-7 days to come in. I picked up truck and brought it home. I returned to work and wife was driving truck when it starts stuttering and shaking. Wife said she thought it was going to die each time she slowed down. Called dealer and he tells me to bring the truck in he has valve cover to put on. (this was ten days after I picked up truck). I live 70 miles from dealership and I am working so I ask dealer if he would put his wife on the road to drive a truck 70 miles knowing it may break down?

Sorry so long :rant:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
How is replacing the valve cover going to fix the open circuit problem for the injector?
From looking at a picture it appears that the injector wiring is somewhat integrated into the cover gasket but they might have to order the whole thing just to get that part.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
My truck did that same thing a few times back when it was stock. Never did find out for sure what it was or what the codes were. Once i shut the truck off for a few mins and restarted it, it seemed to be fine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mine did this exact thing at 200 miles, 750 miles and 1200 miles. The fix is to replace the valve cover gasket because the injector harness is inside it. Your #2 injector harness has been pinched and therefore broken and that's why you get the open circuit code. Mine did it on #5. 6.7s run like crap on 5 cyls. P2000 has to do with your oxygen sensors...have you done the G30 recall?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Same problem with mine at 500 miles. Replaced the gasket and all is well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. I did not remember seeing anyone else with the problem. And since I was not in a position where I could look at the truck the valve cover excuse did not make much sense. The P2000 code did not start appearing until after the G30 recall and Flash. Prior to the G30 recall egr valve codes were coming in regularly. The ECM flash that was done with the G30 recall was the AU flash I think. I am going to get the dealer to perform the AX flash when I bring it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts