Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I changed the oil and fuel filter on my truck. Then as im on my way to a buddies house the truck started revving all by itself. Then check engine light came on. 10 codes. One being the P01693. One being ecm failure. Rest are high voltage codes, don't rremembe all of them off the top of my head. The truck will start and run then just sit there and rev by itself. Can clear codes then after a few minutes the process starts all over again with the same codes. Any suggestions? Even put the truck back to stock, nothing changed. Thanks in advanced.

· Registered
773 Posts
Sounds like your ECM pooped the bed. Post all the codes if u can

· Registered
2006 QCLB 4WD Laramie edition
950 Posts
Sounds like your ECM pooped the bed. Post all the codes if u can

This I'd have to agree with. But who knows. Check all of your connections/ grounds first. It could be something as simple as a connector you knocked off during the filter change

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I get home ill take a look and see if i may have bumped something. Ive got a complete donor truck with a good ecm. If anything should i try to swap them?

· Registered
773 Posts
Make sure it's from the same kind of truck. Auto for auto or Manuel for Manuel. And you'll prob need a reflash after that. Hopefully it's a loose connection tho. Good luck

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the computer swap. Still no difference. Same codes and issues came back. Going to dealership tomorrow. Still got a warranty on it. Gonna see what they say.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres the list of codes;
P0118
P0113
P0606
P0343
P1286
P0123
P0382
P0380
Last two are for my grid heater realys which are no longer with the truck anymore.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did find one ground loose. Tightened it up. Then the truck had develope a hiccup under load. Buddy suggested i check fuel filter seal. Did so, put back together then bam back to where i started.

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts

· Registered
26,235 Posts
Pull the Alternator and have it tested for AC sine and overcharging etc.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the ecm was the culprit. The dealership sure did charge a pretty penny since my warrenty again didn't cover anything again. On the plus side i am going to be getting some money back from the warranty people since i told the dealership that it was worthless.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i thought i was going to pick my truck up. I go to get back in it and now the abs and brake light on the dash is on, and the pedal goes straight to the floor. Was not like that when i dropped it off. Hopefully the dealership makes it right.

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
Better test that alternator too since it might be what killed the ECM. Might be killing the ABS too.

Reactions: Off-road
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.