Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still not getting any clear answers on the p0106 code im continually throwing having now loaded the s67me. is the only map sensor i have the probe on the top of the intake horn or are the foolers on my dpf delete also supposed to simulate map sensors? this has been a real frustration for me and i have gone through all the reloading processes and have yet to find a solution or get any answers as to why the map sensor performance code is being thrown, ive cleaned it, and the code still comes up....i cant imagine the sensor all of a sudden going bad in conjunction with me installing the s67me....what the hell...:banghead:

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Take that sensor out and buy a can of MAF sensor cleaner. Spray it down and use a Q-tip CAREFULLY to clean any soot and junk off of it and try it again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so use MAF sensors cleaner to clean a MAP sensor? this seams kind of like a short term fix....?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
the TMAP sensor on your truck is in close proximity to the EGR valve hence the carbon buildup. Once you delete the EGR valve (I see you have already done) this problem will pretty much go away once it is remedied. The MAF sensor in a gas car has a similar element to the TMAP sensor and you want to use this cleaner because it leaves no residue on the temp sensor or pressure membrane to cause false readings.

·
Registered
309 Posts
To get mine to go away I had to unplug my EGR motor plug. now it never comes on and I have no codes. Talked to Mr. Wagner and he said that was fine to do until they get a update.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just spray on and wipe off with a rag or what? i dont want to be screwing up any probes by not knowing what im doing ya know?

theicon2u- i have everything plugged back in, the intake actuator, the servo and the egr motor after being told to try pulgging it all back in, u unplugged the egr and no p0106 code resulted?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had the code when it was pluged in they they say to. Then I tried unplugging it and the code went away.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
just spray on and wipe off with a rag or what? i dont want to be screwing up any probes by not knowing what im doing ya know?
Spray it down and wipe off the exterior off with a rag, spray again, and then use a Q-tip gently to clean the element and maybe an acid brush if you have one of those handy. You want to do your best to not bend or move that little temp probe in there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ben there done that!!

Man I just remembered about that code you are throwing, I had the same prodlem. Pulled the TMAP sensor and cleaned it with a soft brissle tooth brush and reinstalled it not a problem since. It was perty gunked up with carbon. good luck hope it works for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How much is this TMAP sensor supposed to cost? Dealer told me $225:banghead::whip::shock::whip::banghead:

Will someone please give me a current part number and price.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
bought one at cummins $35 bucks my cost, maybe $50 for a consumer....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to the Local Dodge Dealer and they charged me $57.00. I believe they go for $74.00 if you pay full retail.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does my story sound absurd? From what I am hearing, it should sound absurd.

Anyone have a part number?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
strange deal with the map sensor, removed the smarty, put everything back to stock and have not gotten the code since, and that was a 200 mile round trip run. so it only pops up with the smarty....:confused013:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you try to unplug your EGR and reset code? That worked for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Higgs,

Are you talking to me? Unplug what exactly, the egr actuator motor? Please explain in more detail.

I tell you what it sounds like to me. It almost sounds like the truck thinks the exhaust gas temperatures are too low, so the truck is utilizing the exhaust brake to try and heat the exhaust gas temperatures. This is why it makes me think that the SIMS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bando I was getting that exact same code and I followed the Smarty installation instructions. The only way I could get the truck to run with no codes is to unplug the EGR connection. It the only wire harness that connect to the EGR valve. Note: my truck before any of these modifications was code free. Once I removed the wiring harness from the EGR then I cleared the codes and started it back up and I had no codes coming up. My truck ran like crap when that MAP sensor code came up it had no power and it sounded like the exhaust brake was alway on. Try it out and let me know. Hope this helps.

G

·
To get mine to go away I had to unplug my EGR motor plug. now it never comes on and I have no codes. Talked to Mr. Wagner and he said that was fine to do until they get a update.
To me this sounds like the best advise. It don't seem your the only one with this code, and as I have said, I also get it on the even sw's. I'm just not sure that all the sudden we all have dirty maps. I do have a brand new one in my glove box though, maybe I should try it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ratlin' I bought a new MAP sensor the other day and swapped it out. I plugged back in the EGR connector and started up the truck and Bam code free with the EGR Plugged in just like the Smarty installation instructions say. I think the MAP sensors get some crap on them over time and when the Smarty program gets installed the ECM does not like the reading output of the sensor.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.