Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got P0106 Map Sensor Performance Code....

Is that the sensor on the intake horn, Before the the butterfly valve?

·
Registered
332 Posts
correct . id start by removing and cleaning it and see were that gets you. a little brake cleaner and a toothbrush should get her spick an span.
how long have you had the IndInj stage 2 ? same for the cp3 mod ? has the code appeared within 3 or 4 drive cycles of the mods ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nah...just happens after I clean and wash the truck it seems...

I went through all my connectors under the hood and put dielectric grease on them all a few weeks ago. It went away..then just washed it again...30 mins later driving into town it pops that code, and lightning bolt. Stopped turned it off and cleared code.

Threw that code a few times. So I stopped opened the hood and pushed all the connections on the map together..including the daisy chain part from the edge. Cleared the code and started it right up...didnt come back.

So I think might be the wires going into the connector or the map sensor it self..if they get a little moisture..it might be the problem or the map sensor portion going into the intake may be corroded..Ill take it out tomorrow and clean it up.

:banghead:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys may want to check the actual Map Sensor on the intake horn.

I pulled it off...and the thing was caked with soot.

Seems the truck is a bit more responsive to throttle since its cleaned up.

:thumbsup:

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
Some of the brake cleaners can leave a residue or break down that little coating on the end of the thermal couple portion of that TMAP sensor. They make a special MAF sensor cleaner that should be used to clean that if you try. Also use only a q-tip or a small piece of gauze, you don't want to scratch or bend that element in any way. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts