Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Agggggghhhhh...I can't seem to resolve this. I just installed flopro 5" TBE with a MM. I have HS EGR & cooler delete with mega cannon intake. It was good for about a day after the install of the exhaust and programmer but then I got an engine light.

I've cleaned the MAP Sensor on the intake horn, and also cleaned the MAF with mass air cleaner. I'm at a loss. The truck still runs great with plenty of power but I haven't driven it alot, maybe about 15 miles. With this code cause the truck to go into limp mode? I still want to get it resolve anyway. I mean I threw down for the H&S programmer to be 100% code free.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I'm down to put my truck all back to stockand take it to the dealer for service. As it turns out the maf and emissions equipment it covered under 100k mile warrenty. Who has put their truck back to stock and took it back to the dealership for service? Any issues?

·
Registered
922 Posts
As cheap as the sensor is, why don't you just replace it yourself instead of trying to undo the deletes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My truck is an 08.

Your right the sensor isn't too bad but it still is 165.00, and I'm in construction and thing are really slow right now. Plus, I'm pretty sure that there is more to it than just the sensor. The dealer gave me a print out of the step by step process to troubleshoot this code and I have done the steps upto where it tell you to replace the MAF sensor. The next step is to look into the smart relay power box. I have no clue what that is. So like most I've got more time than money so I'll put it all back to stock...prolly take a half a day and drive it for a while to help cover up any shiney threads from me wrenching on it.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
324 Posts
genos garage has it for 50

1 - 6 of 6 Posts