Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the 5" TBE H&S Delete on my 6.7. Mileage a definite improvement...but awful tough to keep my foot out of it. Hard to believe a truck with 37's will lay a hundred foot blackie!!! I'm running the updated box from H&S that doesn't require the EGT probes in the pipe. I keep tripping a P0031 code for low voltage on the O2 sensor. Has anyone seen a fix for this. I unclicked the O2 sensors and put some dielectric grease in them. Didn't fix it!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Are you still getting that code? I'm getting the same one. Found there was water in one of my O2 connections. Tried drying it out, but still getting the code.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Bump, anyone know. Just got mine put on today and I'm getting that code also. It get thrown after the Edge clears the codes and I've already started the truck.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You could try switching the sensors to see if the problem follows... P0031 is for sensor 1/1 P0037 is for sensor 1/2.

There is also a procedure for checking the resistance of the O2 sensor heater which I believe is measured across the middle two pins on the 6 pin plug - I think it is ~3.2 ohms at ambient for a good sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
So you think it could either be a bad fooler box or maybe the fooler isn't plugged in good??

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
You disconnnect the o2 sensor and plug the fooler into the harness.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Hmmmmm it sounds like you're referring to the EGT sensors not the O2 sensors... there are 2 of them and they should (as far as I know) still be connected to the harness from the truck and installed in the pipe.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My O2 sensors plug back in to the factory harness. ?? I don't understand your kit then. Foolers get plugged into the factory temp. sensor harness. O2 sensors get put back in the exhaust pipe and plug into the same factory harness they were in. Pressure box gets plugged in on the side of the tranny. Simply disconnect factory harness and plug the three wires into it based on the colors and instructions.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Is there a picture anywhere on here that shows where the fooler boxes should be plugged in?

·
Banned
706 Posts
O2 sennsors you leave hanging or disconnect the the metal parts and leave the rubber lines open. There should only be one sensor you have to screw back in the new pipe.

·
Registered
382 Posts
They plug into the same spot the factory temp sensors plug in at.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
OK I was confusing the 2 I guess. Any ideas why I would be getting this code?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
1) Faulty connection

2) Bad O2 sensor - try switching them and see if the problem follows or try ohming out the sensor.

3) Faulty 02 control module.

4) Faulty wiring between the O2 sensor and the control module.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
OK thanks everyone, I'll keep trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I tried switching the O2 sensors around and the problem followed the sensor...went from 0031 to 0037. Got a new upstream O2 sensor and the code is now gone. It was $95 from the stealer.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I only have 1 o2 sensor in the midpipe, the others stayed with the stock exhaust. Am I missing something???? Should there still be 2 o2 sensors plugged in? One in the midpipe and another one?

·
Registered
707 Posts
There should be two O2 sensors int the exhaust. They are the bigger ones...the 3 smaller ones are EGT sensors and do not get re used. Just plug the 3 little boxes into the connections and zip tie out of the way.

Didn't the replacement pipe come with 2 bungs welded into it? Those are for the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
1 in the mid pipe (O2#2) and 1 in the downpipe (O2#1) if you only have O2#2 connected then that explains why you're getting a low circuit code for O2#1.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
1 in the mid pipe (O2#2) and 1 in the downpipe (O2#1) if you only have O2#2 connected then that explains why you're getting a low circuit code for O2#1.
OK so do i just plug it in and zip tie it up? There's no other bungs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts