Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a write up on taking a P pump off a 97. I need to get it off tonight so I can drop it off tomorrow morning to be looked at and I cant have my truck down since its my only set of wheels

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Make sure u set the timig on the engine by turning the engine till u can push the timing pin in the timing pin is right underneath the pump, pull off gear in front housing, unscrew all six lines, return and supply lines , unbolt three throttle bolts, and unscrew oil feed line then unbolt the four bolts holding pump on

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you know the injection pump is bad? That's about the least likely thing to go bad on these trucks. It can happen, don't get me wrong, but it's rare.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They can go bad from time to time, mine went bad after 324000 miles, wats ur pump doing that u want to hav it checked out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got it off and took it in should be done tomorrow. The pump was knocking so before it maybe had a chance to "run away" i wanted to get it looked at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.