Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 dodge ram 2500 p pumped. The truck has a compound set up of a 62x68x12 turbo and s475 turbo. I have 125hp DAP SAC injectors, p7100 pump with afc live, 191 delivery valves and a fass 220 running fuel pressure at 55-63psi (depending on how long the truck has been driving and outside temps). The truck has 18" fuel rims with 35x12.5r18 toyo rt's. I have a build trans rated for 900hp with a billet triple disc torque converter. The truck is a long wheel base. around 70mph I run at 1700ish rpms and around 10-12lbs of boost. at 85mph I run around 2100rpms and 15-18lbs of boost. EGT's at highway speed stay around 800.

Before I converted the truck to a ppump, I was running the same transmission and wheel/ tire set up. But I had a smarty sr on the highest tune, with a fass 150 and a S363 turbo. I was getting better fuel mileage at that setup than I am with my ppump setup. So I don't believe my issue lies with my wheels, tires or transmission.

My question is how can I get the mpg's on this truck up? No matter what I do, I get 13mpgs so far. That is highway (65mph some routes, up to 85 some routes) and in town. Do I need injectors built for a ppump instead of vp44 ones? Different delivery valves? Tuning? All the above?
Help would definitely be appreciated and would like to get 15-16mpgs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The 191's and SAC injectors are not helping but what is your timing set at? Did you just pin time the pump and drop it on? The way your truck is built I am willing to bet a lot of it is in your right foot.

Reactions: ColoradoColt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing is 22-24
The driving I guess it could be. I always get accused of driving the truck like a grandpa so do I need to drive it a little more aggressive to get up to speed faster?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts