Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im almost complete with my p pump conversion and i have one problem. the line coming off of the back of the AFC housing on the p7100 pump that ran to the intake manifold on the 12 valve is my problem. In the manual i have it says it is an oil feed line but im not so sure oil runs through it. im not sure if i should drill and tap into the intake horn or what other options there are. If anyone has any info it would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That sounds like the line that sends boost pressure from the intake manifold to your afc to control it.. if im reading u right... just hook it to the intake anywhere should be some caped off somewhere !

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I agree... the oil feed line from the factory is on the side of the pump not the back.... the oil fill plug is on top of the AFC though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i cant find anywhere to hook the afc line up....im wondering if anyone has had this problem and how they have fixed it

·
Registered
228 Posts
If this is what your talking about(circled in blue) You just have to provide boost pressure to it. ie Intake horn, intake manifold, boost tube...

This may help you understand things about the pump and the internal workings of the AFC

·
Registered
228 Posts
Another tip I have figured out, Don't use a small 3/16" regular gauge line... The larger the line the more CFM it flows.

I used 1/4" metal fuel tube on mine, The AFC Diaphram responds to boost much more efficiently, making the truck easier to tune...

Good luck:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts