Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

P-pump a 2002 24v??

819 10
How hard is it to p-pump a 2002 Dodge 2500 24v? And will it produce more power then a 12v?

Which is better, a 12v, or a p-pumped 24v?
Thanks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,911 Posts
its no to diffcult, ur not goin to gain much unless u port and polish the the head. 12v can flow just as good as a 24v.

· Registered
752 Posts
its no to diffcult, ur not goin to gain much unless u port and polish the the head. 12v can flow just as good as a 24v.
You're talking about air flow through the head, he's talking about converting to a p7100 injection pump.

P-pumped 24v for the win.

· Registered
9,910 Posts
the blocks are all essentially the same, in design and strength, with the obvious exception of the '53' blocks. same engine, more valves, basically (little more complex than that)

The 24v with a p-pump will make a bit more power than a regular 12v p-pump because of the obvious flow increase of the 24v head.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
a 12v is a stronger block and you can get just as much flow with 12v as a 2
i was tought that a ported 12v head flows as much as a stock 24v head

· Registered
6,585 Posts
the blocks are all essentially the same, in design and strength, with the obvious exception of the '53' blocks. same engine, more valves, basically (little more complex than that)

The 24v with a p-pump will make a bit more power than a regular 12v p-pump because of the obvious flow increase of the 24v head.
:ditto: :ditto:

· Registered
9,910 Posts
i was tought that a ported 12v head flows as much as a stock 24v head
A ported 12v head is supposed to flow similar to a STOCK 24v head.

stock for stock the 24v flows more, ported vs ported the 24v flows more...

· Registered
1,126 Posts
A ported 12v head is supposed to flow similar to a STOCK 24v head.

stock for stock the 24v flows more, ported vs ported the 24v flows more...
ya thats what i was trying to get at. ha. when i get out of school im going to take my truck i have now and build a puller..so prob 13mm p-pump. port and polish custom sticks and a big ol turbo.
and convert it to manuel of course

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm, really great info guys, thanks alot, and for all the help.... I guess both are great, but it would be more logical to start with a 12v since it is closer to more power already...:lol4:
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.