Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.
I have Rcp 250 injectors 093tubes and lines 181/210cam and 66/74-16 turbo.
p-pump is 180. what mods I should make for the p-pump or should I take it to shop and put 13mm elements? I can get the elements and benched about 800$ I´ts dd truck. and what timing should I go? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Most feel a 13mm is not good for daily driving, and too much for a single 66.

I run 24* on my 180 w/.093 lines/tubes and Mach 7s. I could go higher, but right now it starts easy and has little/no timing rattle.

PS- you should update your sig

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the answer.
I think I try the 13mm and post how it works.
no update yet the conversion is still in progress.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Now take this for what its worth as I personally dont have much experience with a p pump, but from all the information I have gathered a 12mm pump (especially a 180) will give you all the power you can reasonably daily drive. Guys drive a 13mm on the street, but with the throttle being so touchy it is probably not going to be the best setup for daily driving. Obviously how far and how much you drive the truck everyday will be the ultimate factor, but there are guys running around 800hp on a 12mm pump. Not sure what your future goals are though. Like I said take it for what its worth since I dont personally have any experience in that department.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
You defiantly will not need a 13mm pump for driving on the road. If it was a straight up sled puller id tell ya to go with the 13mm.... Just have your pump maxed out. You can change dv's, injectors and timing to alter your setup. But sounds like you have your mind made up, so why did you even ask?

I would say 24-26* maybe more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is why I ask, the pump maker said that the 13mm pumppu can make same flow whit shorter injection time so it make les smoke and egt. I'm loking more power whit les smoke. But I have never drive either one so I ask what voi think

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
From what others have said, using a 13 with small injectors and such like that will prematurely wear out the Pumps cam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts