Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and checked for codes and these are what I got. Can anybody tell me what I'm in for?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well p0216 is the injection pump death code. It'll be about 1 grand to get a new one. Not sure on the other ones. You need to get an aftermarket fuel pump on there with your new vp to help supply it with fuel.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
the worst of your problems is that 0216. (death code for the injection pump) you should clear all of them and see what comes back up before you get too worried

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
P0236 Turbocharger Boost Pressure Sensor Performance / Rationality

P1596 Speed Control Switch always high

and 1693 is just a companion code.
like i said get them cleared, and see what if any come back up. the 0216 is always a scary one to see

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks snackpack, how do I clear them? And I just got off the phone with Farmboysdiesel and ordered the airdog 150. Hoping it's not too late...

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
P0236 Turbocharger Boost Pressure Sensor Performance / Rationality

P1596 Speed Control Switch always high

and 1693 is just a companion code.
like i said get them cleared, and see what if any come back up. the 0216 is always a scary one to see
hmmm...

P0216 - Fuel Injection Pump Timing Failure High fuel supply restriction, low fuel pressure or possible wrong or incorrectly installed pump keyway. (Failed Injection pump)
P0236 - Map Sensor Too High Too Long Problem detected in turbocharger wastegate. (Common for smoke switch users or MAP sensor is Bad.)
P1596 - Speed Control Switch Always High Speed control switch input above maximum acceptable voltage. (Cruise Control Problem)
P1693 - DTC Detected in Companion Module A fault has been generated in the companion engine control module. DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC Detected in ECM A Companion DTC was set in both the ECM and PCM.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Thanks snackpack, how do I clear them? And I just got off the phone with Farmboysdiesel and ordered the airdog 150. Hoping it's not too late...

we can use my smarty to clear them for ya.

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
You might dump a dose of 2 cycle oil in the fuel to lube up the injection pump and might save it from tripping the P0216 code again...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be cool. I work all this weekend just let me know when you would have time. You can just put oil in the fuel? How much 2 cycle? a quart? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
i run 1 oz 2 stroke per gallon of fuel. so if i fill up 26 gal, i add 26 oz of 2 stroke. and yes it really does help.

do you have my phone number hiho? if not i will pm it to ya. just call me when you think you'll have some time, and we can get em cleared.

i have got wierd codes a couple times too, I just clear them, and they stay gone. the 0216 didn't though it was dead, luckily i was under warranty for the pump though.

hopefully you'll get lucky. cross your fingers man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts