Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Owned truck 6 months - need a little more power

758 5
Howdy all

I bought my 08 6.7 in early december, and well I am looking for a faster spool and more power in general. On a two lane at 60mph, trying to get past another truck is a slow process, sure it eventually hits 80 or 90, but the time to get from 60 - 80 is just lame.

My wife's 07 5.9 is much faster in this rpm range, power seems to come on faster and the turbo wine is very nice. Her truck has a CAI and the Flashpaq on it only.

I am looking to gain a similar response to my ALL STOCK 6.7. What chips/programers seems to be working well? I do not intend to do the Deletes for a while.

Thanks for the information
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
I have not done the deletes but I did add a Hypertech Maxx that I bought from Kevin at K2. It has added some good power and it suppose to a pretty safe tune. My mpg's went up as well but it still doesn't "spool" as quick as I would like. I would like to improve the throttle response, it seems to really start pulling when it is time to slow down! It's tough to add many mods with the emission stuff.

· Registered
460 Posts
seems hard to imagine that you are complaining of a lack of power? What rear end ratio do you have? Heck, my dually pulls my 13,500 pound fiver like it was hardly even there. And when I hit the large pedal on the right it really starts pulling hard. This thing has more gront than anything I have ever driven and I am totally stock. Do you manually downshift to get the RPM up in the range or are you relying solely on the transmission to do it's thing?

· Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Donn
I have done both manually shifted down and relied on the tranny to do it's thing...
Power is subjective, grunt off the line is ok, but the 60 -80 spool is slow.
Take a ride in the wife's 07 5.9 and there is an extreme difference, her truck is fast, and I am used to it, my truck is a dog off the line compared to hers, but compared to my old F350 my new truck is like a ferrari. I felt i did not have the power/fast spool to get around trucks on a two lane back texas road, so yes I WANT more power.

I want it to perfrom like the wife's 5.9. That is all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.