Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so when I bought this truck the overhead display didn't work. It never really occurred to me to fix it...but I thought why not. So nothing lights up or anything. Any ideas? And how do you pop the whole overhead console off? Thanks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
697 Posts
There are two screws to remove. After that, you have to slide the console either toward you or away (toward you, I think, but I'm not positive) as there are slots in the roof panel. Then it can come down. Be careful in sliding it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the manual says not to use magnetic screwdrivers when you're working on it because it can mess up the compass but there's a wire harness that goes down the pillar and clips under the dash towards the firewall by your left foot. i'd check the ground wire that goes to the cab roof and make sure that's there first before you go too crazy

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah mine never worked either, took the overhead display completely out and noticed that it was all burnt up on the chip. so i decided to toss the display and keep the over head "housing thing", as a little storage tray. works out pretty nice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.