Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get ahead with this truck. Every time I fix something two more things break. The new one is I came out like normal started up the truck and no display on my overhead. I always look at in the morning for temps of the roads before my drive. Any tips? I think I checked the correct fuses but it was early and cold as hell. How cold I don't know cause my display was out. Is replacing it my best bet and where would you guys start to look for one. I have the old one out and will check to see if anything stands out on the circuit board or if I have proper voltage at the terminals. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally got time to tear into it. I had voltage on the plug and varying voltage which is probably the signal going to it. I noticed the corner of the graphic display is blackened like something went bad in it. If I could find on I would change it but it probably is a special part dodge orders so it looks like a whole new one is the only fix in the situation. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'd try a scrap yard before a dealership. especially if there's one you can pick your own parts in. just my $.02

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on there is one on ebay for but it now $25 plus $12 for shipping but he says he won't warranty it if it breaks in the mail. I will pay what he wants is he can at least tell me it turns on.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No go on the new used one. It could be bad also. I do have voltage at the plug so I am thinking the used one I bought is bad. Wish someone could throw out some advice on this one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the same problem, could not turn up anything on the forums.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed mine last night. So the one I bought is going up for sale. I know it turned on as well. I found the wiring diagram in the 2004 manual. There is a constant hot and a hot that comes from the fused ignition run/start. I traced the wire to behind my instrument cluster and said screw it. I was not removing dash for a problem I could fix. I just tapped into my gauges run/start power and spliced it into the harness above the counsel. I gotta go to work but I can get you the wiring diagram. It is a little pain in the a$$ to test for voltage but can be done. PM me if you are interested or need some help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I do have a chilton manual, not sure what the wiring diagram is like. If its not too much bother, I would like to get the wiring diagram off you. thanks!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts