Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to get to these new rumored screens on the overhead display? Supposedly the latest flash allows you to view the regen in progress and the dpf full status. Has anyone gotten to these screens and if so how?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am getting it in the morning. I got my oil changed thursday and they said bring it back monday so they can change the overhead.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Guys,
I had the update done with my AX flash. I have not seen any changes as far as the overhead displaying more information about what is happening with regen. I have put on a 1000 miles also and no change.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Had it done this morning. I was watching the computer download my truck with the mechanic. It put the ax flash in and then af flash. He said that the ccn was flashed as well as my ecm. Have not seen anything on the overhead yet. These flashes cover about 2 pages of updates.

·
Registered
382 Posts
AF flash? wow and to think i just got the AX?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Wonder if this is just an enhancement to the items that already display on the overheard only when the DPF gets plugged up past 70%.

I know someone stated that they were told that it would work all of the time but thus far we haven't heard from anyone who has seen anything different and I trust very little of what comes out of the service departments.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The way I understood it , the computer will tell you when it goes into regeneration everytime. Instead of only when it gets 70% full or more.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My overhead has said system ok since I got it 36k ago, no flashes. Unfortunately, I have no dealerships around the state of Ohio that know anything about these trucks! Where are all the good 6.7 mechanics at?

Off subject...I got a TIT flash the other day...haha

·
Registered
451 Posts
My overhead has said system ok since I got it 36k ago, no flashes. Unfortunately, I have no dealerships around the state of Ohio that know anything about these trucks! Where are all the good 6.7 mechanics at?

Off subject...I got a TIT flash the other day...haha

MAN I HAVE A SIMPLE MIND, AND YOU JUST MADE MY DAY THANK GOD FOR SIMPLE HUMOR

NO WONDER MY WIFE SAYS IM LIKE A TWELVE YEAR OLD HAHAHA

·
Registered
475 Posts
Having a dpf'd 6.7 is kinda frustrating so we have to kill time while our toys are being developed.

And it sucks when your dealer has no idea what these flashes are for, they just wanna sell cars.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
about 2000 miles on mine since the AP flash with (supposedly) the OHC TSB loaded. I haven't seen a thing about regen in progress, either...im thinking of raising the flag on this one...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with Bronco. Vaporware at this point until someone actually sees something. Kinda like Bigfoot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got about 500 miles on mine since the AX and overhead flash. Havent seen anything change on the overhead since!!
Just waiting to see when and if it something shows up!!!:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Got about 1000 miles on mine since flash. Seen nuthin.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
OK. Now we are supposed to be able to tell when we are in Regen and how full the filters are and nobody seen nuttin.

Only two possibilities: we aren't getting any more information...or nobody is going into Regen.

So I figure you guys are all lying. This whole DPF thing and regens etc is a hoax to help sell exhaust systems for BADP and H&S. There is no problem...everyone is really getting 25mpg and there is no such thing as a regen. I'll sleep better tonight now that I've busted the conspiracy.

:lol3: (in case you couldn't tell I was kidding)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just had the AP flash Newest one for the 08 6.7 Mech said regen would come up on overhead and flash makes truck go to high idle havent driven it much since then will let you know if i get regen on overhead

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I got the AX flash 8k ago, and nothing has changed with the over head. I can smell when it goes into Regen but nothing on the overhead. The only time I saw anything was when I bought the truck it flash 80% then buy the time I got it home it has never done it since, and I drive alot of city miles.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Someone plug one up (the DPF) and tell us if the overhead looks different... :D

Sounds like there is a bit of misinformation floating around the Dodge garages about this issue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you read the entire TSB text that someone posted here a while back, it explains that the truck will automatically idle higher with the new flash but it doesn't say anything about showing regens on the overhead.

This shouldn't be that big of a mystery since you're supposed to get a new label on your sun visor and an owners manual supplement IF you've gotten this TSB update and not just a routine flash update.

Has anyone geotten those 2 things and if so, what does the manual supplement say?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts