Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 95 2500 with 47rh and a torque converter lock up switch in cab truck will not go into overdrive??? any ideas i have seen the lock up/overdrive switch is that the fix??? thanks for any info

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump come on fellas i know somebody has had something similar

·
Registered
41 Posts
could be a number of things. give more info. how when it happened. lock up switch working?
Could be:
bad od switch?
bad od solenoid in valve body?
bad temp sensor( can replace with a 1kohm resistor)?
od piston seal failure?
Bad pcm
I would set a switch to ground the circuit at the trans just like the loc up. if the trans shifts with the switch you know the trans is ok .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know when it went out bought it like this. the lock up switch works like its supposed to i guess. trany shifts good through all gears.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what would be a good first start? im changing trans fluid tom and filter

·
Registered
34 Posts
it could be electroinics in trans on valvebody 35 dollars. it could be throttle position sensor 199 dollars i have new one never used for way cheaper when i lost od i did away with it and i actually just sold my set up i had on it. when mine quit i went to radio shack and got a potintiometer/volume control and wired it in front of tps problem fixed for 20 and i could then set my od to shift in at what ever speed i wanted to real nice for towing heavy loads and the drag strip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
when u drop pan look closely at the metal. if alot of very fine metal i wld try selinoid cant spell but u can remove them and look at the lil screens and if any metal is on them they probly took the hit. it doesnt take much some times to mees them up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks much i may be getting back to you on that tps im gonna try fluids and gonna to do the pcm test and if that checks out ok im going to try changing the lock up/overdrive switch

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
got a 95 2500 with 47rh and a torque converter lock up switch in cab truck will not go into overdrive??? any ideas i have seen the lock up/overdrive switch is that the fix??? thanks for any info
I'm not clear about the symptoms. Does the torque converter lockup in 3rd if the OD light is on? Is the OD light on or off when you are attempting to use OD? Will it shift to OD if the light is out and you lift your right foot a little? A 47RH will do that sometimes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
od does not work at all any time i have got it to go in once

·
Registered
906 Posts
ga dam yur not givin us much to go on here

how about a sig instead of just firin questions

there is any number of possibilities that cause this problem i am fighting the same thing with shorts in the harness somewhere

generally for diagnosis you must follow the voltage doing so will eliminate many possibilities

·
Registered
1 Posts
same deal

i have a 94 2500 and when i bought it it had the same problem no overdrive ... turned out that when i put the dodge scan tool on it i needed a throttle position sensor... i would try that... you can test the voltage going to it and from it to see it the potentiometer is acting correctly cant recall the voltage but i check tonight.

... tps voltage info
1.0v +/- 0.2v at idle
3.5v +/- 0.4v at WOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts