Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone thought of putting on a "Gear vender" over/under drive. for power and or mpgs:peelout

·
Registered
258 Posts
I thought about it. I dropped the idea since nobody I talked to was 100% happy with theirs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i want to find a brown lipe for mine, had a lead on one in a totaled 06 drw but it sold with the truck and the 19.5 wheels i wanted for my trailer.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I have the GearVender unit and auto tranny. It works good on the freeway (1500-1600 rpms at 75-80mph). I think you need a manual to get the full potential. The 1600 rpms at cruising speed is very quiet and really reduces the wear on the engine. It has tons of torque at 1600 rpms and only down shifts on really step grade. I use it in town in the tow/haul mode. My convertor locks up at 28mph and I shift into the GearVender overdrive at 40mph, rpms drop from 1800 to 1200. Otherwise I would have to wait to 50mph to shift into the stock overdrive and rpms are 2000 to 2100. I've gained a 1 to 1.5 mpg in doing so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts