Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 5.9l 4x4 4" lift rickson 19.5 wheels 265/70r tires pacbrake exhaust brake. i am trying to pull a 5th wheel approx. 14,000 lbs fully loaded, it does ok on level but heats up on hills untill lights & bells go off. replaced radiator & thermostat. water pump seems fine but the electric fan has some resistance not a lot but some 1/4 of 360 degrees could this be the cause? or could it be the bigger tires i don't have the originals any more. or could it be the pacbrake restricting the flow, i checked and it is opening all the way. it also has a smarty on it. i have dumped so much money into MY SUPER RAM my ford friends are laughing and my wife ain't she just wants to go on our 2nd honeymoon ! we had to turn back twice now HELP

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
oh ya forgot to mention had georand build the tranny w/billit shaft & triple plate torque converter [ sorry about that 64yrs memory problems ] thanks too you all for your time at my age it truelly is precious. the turning the key on & off thing worked great it came w/3 codes all pointing to the fan clutch assy. or circuit hope it works dang i wish i'd known that when i had all the radiators out of the way. thanks again as you might quess im not very educated on diesels. i just wanted to retire and do some traveling w/5th wheel my son talked me into all these add ons and they all made sence, but i'm a retired corrections officer not a banker. my 2nd hornymoon might be as far as his side yard !!!!!! thanks again for your help. could you explain a little more about what i could do whith the shifting up the hills and what temp gages to get

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.