Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my 2005 doesn't have an "overdrive off". It does have tow/haul but it still allows truck to shift into OD. If there any way to make and OD off switch?? Problem im having is on a steep hill when towing ill be crusing along perfect then all the sudden it kicks into OD and i loose RPMs and have to let off and stab the gas pedal to get it to shift down.

·
Hide your cats!
5,113 Posts
you need a bd loc out box xdb has them

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
The BD OD Lockout control is a good addition. It works well and solves exactly the problem you are talking about.

·
Hide your cats!
5,113 Posts
i just found a tsb for 05 where they can flash the ecm and lock out od when the tow haul feature is active. i might go that route with mine. figure whenyou getting up 50mph od is for cruising. even with a load.

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
i just found a tsb for 05 where they can flash the ecm and lock out od when the tow haul feature is active. i might go that route with mine. figure whenyou getting up 50mph od is for cruising. even with a load.
Yeah, and you loose the aggressive lockup features and OD shifting that the TH gives you. Basically its the same sloppy shifting as no TH and crappy lockup in drive.

With the BD box you retain the TH algorithms in drive. Works much better towing.

If you have a Smarty or other downloader it will wipe that flash out every time you load or change a parameter.

·
Hide your cats!
5,113 Posts
and the downside! lol i might give it a try, no programmers now. but cheaper then the 200 for the box.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i really dont want to loose the tow/haul so looks like this BD box will be the way to go. Thanks guys!!!

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
DIY O/D lock out Switch

OK so my 2005 doesn't have an "overdrive off". It does have tow/haul but it still allows truck to shift into OD. If there any way to make and OD off switch?? Problem im having is on a steep hill when towing ill be crusing along perfect then all the sudden it kicks into OD and i loose RPMs and have to let off and stab the gas pedal to get it to shift down.
I found this about our 2005 O/D lockout... I thought about the flash but really didn't want to loose the option of using O/D gear while in Tow/Haul mode... by installing this switch you can turn O/D off at your leisure...

Go to and read #91 & #92 on page 8

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...3rd-gen-mystery-switch-diy-works-great-8.html

·
Registered
568 Posts
BD box works great

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I found this about our 2005 O/D lockout... I thought about the flash but really didn't want to loose the option of using O/D gear while in Tow/Haul mode... by installing this switch you can turn O/D off at your leisure...

Go to and read #91 & #92 on page 8

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...3rd-gen-mystery-switch-diy-works-great-8.html
I tried the above Switch thing on #6 wire and it works BUT HAS PROBLEMS Don't waist your time... see link http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...ry-switch-diy-works-great-20.html#post4038313

1 - 10 of 10 Posts