Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's
I'm looking at getting a new intake to replace my stock one, it has a Nano drop in now but I think more air would help, I don't want to waste my money anymore than I have, I've added a few things to help with air flow already and they are,
1. GDP intake horn with port's. it's a realy nice piece and all the factory stuff that attaches to the stock one mounts up perfectly to this one.

2. MBRP 4" Catback exhaust, this and the GDP has help with bottom and mid-range torqe I can feel it in the seat.
It dose have a slight drone taking off but cruising its not a problem and sounds great.

3. I have the MBRP cat deleat pipe but I'm not going to use it unless I have too.
Thought about putting another muffler there instead, what do you Guy's think??
I'm afraid that it will really increase the drone to the level that I wouldn't like.

My choices so far in order of preferance, for filters and tell me what you think.

1. 4510 Nano cone filter, I like this on cause I can keep my stock down pipe to the turbo and I here its a great filter.

2. S&B, here it the best on filtration but really don't know if it is or not?
I dont really want a oil type filter but not scared of it either, it's fully enclosed which is good but I have to take out the factory intake tube which I like because of it's durability and flexible elbow's, the after market intake tubes look cheap to me and not very rugged.

3. the AFE pro-guard 7, can I use the factory tube on this filter set up?
and is this the best filter out there CFM wise?

look forward to your reply's
Thanx.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Afe Hands Down :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awenthol, are you saying the 4510? how clean is your intake tube.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
I've run the 4510 as both a "BHAF" and now on my AEM. On neither, have I found any dirt penetration...you can't "dust" an intake with a dry filter, so...I don't really know what to tell ya...

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the impression that dirt or dust could go through any filter wet or dry, especialy the lesser quality type... thus dusting the intake tube

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Well, what I meant was, generally you only see dusting with an oiled filter, where oil gets through and the dust sticks but with a dry filter there's nothing for the dust to stick to.

BTW, are you saying the Amsoil is "lesser quality"???

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I love my S&B, great intake, filter is big, lots of surface area, bigger box then factory, clear lid to inspect filter, for the price I don't think you can beat it.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, if you look at my original post you will plainly see it was my first choice...not to mention I have a drop in Nano currently???

·
Registered
177 Posts
Icebox with a Nano filter can't be beat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts