Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new to the cummins world, so heres what i got.

im putting a 95 12V in my 02 excursion, im wanting to bring the exhaust out of the hood to a 6'' stack,

is this a kit or do i have to custom do it? thanks alot. pics would be great if anyone has any.

·
Registered
535 Posts
custom and illeagal in some places, but since your from the bremutia triangle there are no laws and or people there to complain so go for it, probably have to mount the stack to the hood and have the portion on the turbo mount to that, or have a huge hole to allow the hood to open, i also think that if it is legal it has to be above the roof as to not block vision(black out the window with soot). good luck

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
I would check local laws before doing anything. Last thing yo want is to put a good amount of time and effort into a Hood stack and drive 3 miles and have a cop pull you over!

But the way to do it is:
First you want to mount the main part of you stack directly to the hood. Then use a 4" DP to go around the turbo and were ever you want it to exit. With the 6" stack and the 4" pipe it will just slide over when you shut the hood.

You can also flip your turbo over and make a pipe to fit that way. Thats how I did mine, but its a pain to get an intake to fit. If you do it this way, you will need an oil line extension. Just go to any shop that makes hydrolic lines and take them your fitting and they can make you one!

Here are just a few pics of how i did mine.....

·
Registered
492 Posts
ya in my state the turbo counts as a muffler so...

·
Registered
73 Posts
That seconds pictures makes my pants fit funny. Sweet!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts