Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will those of us that have the original XRT ever be able to turn the TPMS crap off in our trucks?

I hate dealing with it and it always going off for no reason.

Thanks guys.

Grant

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
You have to upgrade to a minimaxx or blackmaxx to get that cool stuff. Seems us XRT owners kinda got left behind. Wish I would have spent the extra money to get a minimaxx. Really kind of disappointed the way the XRT ended up.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Unfortunately the original XRT is not set up with the internal hardware to do TPMS disable. We would love to give it to you to use on that tuner, but it just can't happen due to the hardware limitations.

Just as with any electronics, they get outdated, and have to get upgraded to get all the newest features. TPMS didn't exist on the Dodge when we built the XRT, so we had no idea we would need to make provisions for it. We aren't here to nickle and dime you guys, and feel we make as many additions to the software we can at no charge. Unfortunately on this one we just can't make it happen.

-H&S

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the original XRT is not set up with the internal hardware to do TPMS disable. We would love to give it to you to use on that tuner, but it just can't happen due to the hardware limitations.

Just as with any electronics, they get outdated, and have to get upgraded to get all the newest features. TPMS didn't exist on the Dodge when we built the XRT, so we had no idea we would need to make provisions for it. We aren't here to nickle and dime you guys, and feel we make as many additions to the software we can at no charge. Unfortunately on this one we just can't make it happen.

-H&S
Understood.

Not at all unhappy with you guys. Just curious. Looks like an upgrade is in the future for me.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Understood.

Not at all unhappy with you guys. Just curious. Looks like an upgrade is in the future for me.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
No problem at all, just trying to explain to the other poster why it can't be done. We try to be as fair as possible but sometimes new hardware is the only way to go. Thanks for your understanding!

-H&S

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
That really sucks because I haven't even had my XRT for a year and its "OLD".

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That really sucks because I haven't even had my XRT for a year and its "OLD".
I understand, I really do. But old products make way for new products. When you purchase a product, you are buying it for what it is at THAT moment, and for what it can do right then. It worked for you when you bought it, and it was the best thing at the time. We don't purposely hold out features on older products just to make you guys buy them over and over, we just have to keep them evolving to make it feasible to keep up with the demands.

If nobody wanted trans tuning, TPMS disable, or high idle on the manual 2010/2011, we would have loved to stay with the original XRT. But to stay ahead of the technology we have to phase products out, and that is never a fun thing for people that just bought the older model. I feel we are more than fair on the trade in program, but again, I am sorry if you feel differently.

-Casey

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
H&S,
Does the XRT Pro have the ability to turn off the TPMS?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
H&S,
Does the XRT Pro have the ability to turn off the TPMS?
Yes, that one was of the key reasons we went with the newer style. Unless you have one of our very early released tuning versions, you should be able to turn off TPMS without a problem. If you have an older version, simply update using our update program and you will be all set.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Casey, I have an xrt orig. Can you explain the trade in policy that you spoke of? Thanks Clay

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts