Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my truck stolen recently and besides dinging it up pretty good, the thieves stole my seats. i am now working with insurance to replace them, but its turning out to be a pain as the 2004 seats have been discontinued. also, the seats themselves were vinyl, with two tone navy and slate grey with the dodge emblem in the headrest, making them fairly unique.

problem is, i have no pictures of my seats and i can't find a pic of this type of seat anywhere online. do any of you know how i can find the original options on this truck so i can find out what the colors exactly are so that i can tell the insurance?

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can request the build sheet of your truck by going to a dealer with your VIN, or you can Contact Dodge and request one. Never seen/heard of that color combo for your seats, but I'd be interested to see what they look like. Sorry about your truck man, that sucks.

*EDIT* Just thought about it more....are you the original owner? If not, may it be possible that a previous owner had some custom upholstery work done on the seats, or the seats are from another vehicle? I could almost swear there were only two colors to get in the interior (taupe or grey). The Ram logo I have seen on factory seats is on the back rest of the leather seats, but not the headrest. I've never seen vinyls with any logo on them either. It just crossed my mind that you could have had some custom seats and that's why you can't find anything like them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks reversethreads. i am not the original owner, so i can't speak to the seats origin. although now that i think of it more, the logo was on the backrest, not the headrest. so i think they were the leather seats (i know even the leather had some vinyl on them). the grey two insert was suede, so maybe they were just the upgraded seats.

i will contact dodge with the vin and get the original build sheet. that will at least tell me if they were factory or custom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.