Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must've installed the 2 micron kit too late. Truck started making oil so im replacing all six injectors. Im looking at Diesel auto performance and exergyperformance. I want to go with NEW injectors and 50hp tips. Truck is mostly stock right now but I do plan to add efi live in the near future. Are these injectors brand new??? - Dodge Cummins 5.9L Common Rail Injector 2003-2004

If so they seem like the most reasonably priced. Thanks for any input as I need the truck this coming weekend and plan to order first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a decent amount more per injector, do you know if there is a reason? I will spend extra if necessary, I just need the injectors this week because I have to use the truck for the weekend. Thanks

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Thank you, I am waiting to call them tomorrow to see if they have a set in stock and ready to ship. Thanks
they usually do... and ur looking at 385 per injector for 100% brand new with 50's or 100's... ur choice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
im not sure why they are more, im getting a set of 6 from a place here intown for 2150 out the door. not bad price at all for brand new 60hp injectors, at least i dont think

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
If im keeping it mostly stock (eventually EFI live) shouldnt 50's work best?
Yep... 50's will be just fine then...:thumbsup:

im not sure why they are more, im getting a set of 6 from a place here intown for 2150 out the door. not bad price at all for brand new 60hp injectors, at least i dont think
These are 100% brand new... not new nozzles and rebuilt bodies... i guarantee that they are not the same ones that exergy gets from Bosch motorsports with the 50's or 100's installed already to go:thumbsup:

You can't find a better place to deal with when it comes to injectors:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
It says might cause slight haze...is that a constant haze? Or just under a load?
who's says that?... and theres no way that the injectors will haze at all unless they are over 100+% over without efi live tuning

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you sure 50's would make a stock turbo hot? I have seen a number of people say they use them as stock replacements. I tow (heavy) now and then with this truck and def dont need it running high EGT's.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
exergy is a great company just got my injectors from them about 4 months ago 50hp they run very nice

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
But with EFI live he can do anything... I see it but is he using any programmer currently

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im not worried about a haze I just want to keep the EGT's in line on a stock tune for the time being. Thanks for all the input from everyone I appreciate it.

·
Banned
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Are you sure 50's would make a stock turbo hot? I have seen a number of people say they use them as stock replacements. I tow (heavy) now and then with this truck and def dont need it running high EGT's.
I would say with good tuning that they can be controlled jsut fine. But if you were to run them with lets say a smarty. They would get warm. They arent that big of a gain but the stock turbo isn't that big of a turbo. I could get my stock turbo cooking with my smarty on 9. So I would hate to see what it would be with more fuel.

To correct myself for someone does. A lot of aftermarket companies that sell good injectors ( I wont name any as to no start a pissing contest) actually run cooler that the stock injectors while still running more fuel.

With efi live, stock nozzles can fuel a ton, even enough to support a 62 or 64mm turbo. So if you want to stay "stock" why spend extra money. Unless you do want more.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.