Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called my local Advance Auto Parts to order front Ball Joints for my 06, and they asked if I had a Dana 60 Axle, or a regular one... Anyone know what they are talking about, or how I can tell which I have?

· Pursuing the Great Commission
12,714 Posts
i'm pretty sure all 3rd gens are American axle, and not Dana

· Pursuing the Great Commission
12,714 Posts
oh yeah... and it will be the 9.25" AAM if I remember correctly.

· Registered
129 Posts
I just spend $800 gettin moogs installed. They put in adjustable uppers and regular lowers. Truck drive worse now than it ever has and yesterday i took it back in and they did something that was supposed to make it better. WEll, ....maybe 15% better but stil you cant hardly drive it. Still much worse than before.

The ones from the factory lasted 100,000 miles and for some reason i thought the moogs would be better. WTF was i thinkin?

· Registered
335 Posts
My axles have AAM molded onto the housing. The front is a 9.25.

· Registered
600 Posts
cjs, i'm in the same boat as you are. i've got alot of time and money in the front of my truck and it still steers like crap. Once i put in the new gear box it took the play out but now its so twitchy i about wipe out every time i touch the wheel, and i doesn't want to return to center. I'd stay away from the moogs, i thought they were good but me and many others have had poor handling after installing them.

· Registered
129 Posts
cjs, i'm in the same boat as you are. i've got alot of time and money in the front of my truck and it still steers like crap. Once i put in the new gear box it took the play out but now its so twitchy i about wipe out every time i touch the wheel, and i doesn't want to return to center. I'd stay away from the moogs, i thought they were good but me and many others have had poor handling after installing them.
Like i said the truck was 75% fine when i took it in but i just got it and wanted it to drive as good as possible. Thats why i spent the $800. now it drives like crap and the only thing that appears to be the problem is MOOG.

Can we hear from any others that have tried Moog with or without success?

· Registered
828 Posts
Here I am again dude and I talked to a friend of mine who is a truck mechanic..he said the moogs are fine..its the adjustable moogs that seem to be an issue...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.