Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good contact in Phoenix to place an order with? Who is the best around town to place an order with?

Looking to place an order for a 2022.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Does anyone have a good contact in Phoenix to place an order with? Who is the best around town to place an order with?

Looking to place an order for a 2022.

Thanks in advance!

I have no idea what kind of deal this person can offer - she has posted on one of the HD Ram Forums. Worth checking out I suppose. She is not making her offers public on the forum.

AndreaChapmanScottsdale
Dealer

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally I would avoid any dealer with Chapman in the name. Young, dumb & taken advantage of by a Chapman dealer when we were young. During our recent car/truck searches stopped off at a couple Chapman dealers only to have the exact same pre-sales experience, realized it wasn't the salesperson but Chapman's sales practices/training in general.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Personally I would avoid any dealer with Chapman in the name. Young, dumb & taken advantage of by a Chapman dealer when we were young. During our recent car/truck searches stopped off at a couple Chapman dealers only to have the exact same pre-sales experience, realized it wasn't the salesperson but Chapman's sales practices/training in general.

Like what? You have described every car dealer on the planet.

People forget - they are for profit business....they are not looking out for you.... you need to look out for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I didn’t order from her, but others have and have gotten great prices from her. She is in fleet sales and has sold a lot of 2022 Hd Rams. Just be prepared for a long wait. There’s guys that ordered in May and haven’t seen a build date yet, other ordered mid august and their trucks are done, not delivered but they have window stickers for them. If you get a high optioned truck it might take longer. They also changed some of the packages in them, if you want a Laramie in night edition, you no longer can order one, you can only get it in the limited. They’re saying to everyone if you ordered a night edition maybe like 2 weeks ago, you’ll get it, but no new orders now.

I have no idea what kind of deal this person can offer - she has posted on one of the HD Ram Forums. Worth checking out I suppose. She is not making her offers public on the forum.

AndreaChapmanScottsdale
Dealer

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I went to Chapman with my wife a few years ago when she ordered a truck and I was impressed with how well they treated her. It was very casual, no pressure, and she got a very good price.

Reactions: sstoner911

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn’t order from her, but others have and have gotten great prices from her. She is in fleet sales and has sold a lot of 2022 Hd Rams. Just be prepared for a long wait. There’s guys that ordered in May and haven’t seen a build date yet, other ordered mid august and their trucks are done, not delivered but they have window stickers for them. If you get a high optioned truck it might take longer. They also changed some of the packages in them, if you want a Laramie in night edition, you no longer can order one, you can only get it in the limited. They’re saying to everyone if you ordered a night edition maybe like 2 weeks ago, you’ll get it, but no new orders now.
Well that's sucks to hear as I was planning on a Laramie Night Edition....

Why would they make it a limited only option?Doesn't the limited have all the fancy chrome. Why would someone pay for all of that and then pay again to take it off?

I really want a Longhorn but I don't think you can order one with a front bench. I want a bench not the center console.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ordered a 2022 3500 Big Horn, 6.4L 4x4 shortbed black with not many options back on Saturday 9/11 and have a VIN already. Not sure if thats good or bad but that's what I know so far. Dealership I ordered from has alot of these 6.4L gas motors in 2500 that were manufactured last month and are already on the lot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I was younger (18/19, married w/ a kid and needed a second car due to conflicting work & college schedules and public transit shutting down one of the mainlines I used to ride) - I saw a car in my price range online, went in asked for it and walked out with a 19k used Accent (the car I was looking at was an accent...but was listed at 6,999). Young, dumb...full of...uh yeah whatever. Few years later the transmission blew up on me - neither of the warranties covered it (should have been a CPO covered under the 10y/100k and the warranty company snaked out).

Fast forward to this last go-round I was looking at a car for my teen driver. Nothing fancy, just a simple $10k vehicle (it was a used Nissan Sentra SV - so really basic). The PO had the glass and emissions equipment etched. The price was reasonable, not bad but reasonable. The dealer had these on there as new line items. I requested they pull them off and they said 'It was already done so we can't". I asked when it was done and they said they do that on all used vehicles during the inspection. It wasn't until I showed them the carfax/vinCheck reports showing it was already completed prior to them taking possession of the vehicle. Extended warranty comes up during the sales process - I decline (as this was listed as a CPO vehicle with 4 years/50k left on the CPO warranty). they strike it - revised final purchase agreement and there is a line item in it's place for 'reconditioning' that is the exact same price as the extended warranty that wasn't there before. They don't give details on what reconditioning it underwent nor can they explain why it's the exact same (to the dollar) cost of this extended warranty.

Recent truck purchase (my 2017 3500), saw a Chapman dealer online showed one available. Called and as expected, 'Yes it's available, come on down and look at it'. Show up and it doesn't match the posted truck (it was a single cab, SRW and the listing was a crew cab DRW). Whatever, car dealers have NEVER been accurate on their online inventory I've learned. My response when at a dealer if they ask did I check them out online my response is always 'Yes, but I don't believe your online inventory'. Anyway not the one I'm looking for, I turn to leave. Sales guy says they have the perfect truck that checks all the requirements I provided (towing and cargo capacity were my two driving factors with the upgrade from our 10k bumper camper to a 15k 5th wheel). Guy brings out a 2500 truck saying that will do it - all up the sales chain they swear the truck can handle it. All of them never give an official number, always just yes (and to be clear, I was very specific that I was looking to tow a 29' dual axle fifth wheel with a dry weight of 10k, loaded in the 13-15k range and wanted a dually for the cargo capacity & towing control). They wanted to throw in an air ride suspension and other upgrades to make it work.

The dealer up in Scottsdale by Westworld I purchased my truck from I came across it by a stroke of luck. Saw a used one on the lot, walked in and got the price. It was clearly out of my price range - but they sales person had a few trade ins in the back that were. Looked at them, said I'll be back after it's through inspection/R&R as it checks all the boxes. Came back 3 days later, it was done as promised and still available. I liked it, asked for a PO on it (no frilly add-ons or unnecessary fluff, removed when asked), came back the 48hrs later with a check from my bank and took delivery. Told them I had my own financing lined up and had no problems with them honoring it (plus the F&I guy verbally said he couldn't even touch the pre-approved rate). Straight up & honest dealer - no issues.

Just shady sales tactics and overly pressuring on their sales front from Chapman. I gave them a second chance multiple times and saw similar behavior. Anyway...YMMV.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just confirmed with a dealer that the "night edition is currently not available for order".

That's all I got so far, so I am not sure if it is not available at all or just not available on the Laramie as that is how I posed the question. I am also not sure if it is just a not available for the time being (suspension) or if it is a not available ever answer.

I will try to get more clarity on the night edition restrictions....

·
Registered
702 Posts
I just confirmed with a dealer that the "night edition is currently not available for order".

That's all I got so far, so I am not sure if it is not available at all or just not available on the Laramie as that is how I posed the question. I am also not sure if it is just a not available for the time being (suspension) or if it is a not available ever answer.

I will try to get more clarity on the night edition restrictions....
Is this just different badges and wheels?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this just different badges and wheels?
All black badges, black grille, "blacked out" headlights and taillights, black rims and black mirrors too I think. It's like a $2500 package but after the fact and the taillights alone are around $1000 and I can't remember how much the headlights are....but expensive. So if you really want it all it's worth it.

On my current truck I just changed all the badges to black and part of the grille to black and it was only a couple hundred bucks. Unless you really know what the head and tailights look like it's not that different. So not super worried about the night edition not being available as I'll likely just go this route again.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There must be a supply issue.
Yea, maybe the lights? Everything else is hard parts so maybe it's the lights being that they are "electronics"....who knows these days lol. 🍺

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yea, maybe the lights? Everything else is hard parts so maybe it's the lights being that they are "electronics"....who knows these days lol. 🍺
Maybe .. they are like all the LED lights just black housings?

Maybe the painter is on COVID quarantine

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe .. they are like all the LED lights just black housings?

Maybe the painter is on COVID quarantine
😂 probably. So we should be able to order them again in what 14 days....lol.

Yes just black housing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It’s the semi conductor chip shortage that’s slowing everything down. There building a lot of trucks but there the lower models. Their are only like a couple loaded trucks that guys have got their build sheets and are hoping to get them soon. I have a loaded Laramie that I ordered 8/18 and I’m hoping to see it by thanksgiving but that’s highly unlikely unless a bunch of those chips appear soon. I checked yesterday on Ram chat and they said there still getting parts together but cannot give a build date yet.
😂 probably. So we should be able to order them again in what 14 days....lol.

Yes just black housing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I drove to lake Havasu City to get the deal I wanted. This wasn’t for a ram, but a Jeep. It’s also about timing - they needed the Jeep off the lot and gave me 10% below the alleged msrp. I went to the Jeep place off Pima road and the kid there made me want to punch him in the face.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahaha, I wish. I don't even have any of the info back yet. Placing new orders must not be high on people's priority list right now.....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts